Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Exhale

One night down, no incidents, though I can't leave out the fact that hubby and I didn't sleep very well because we kept checking on her.

It really is like having another child isn't it???

I want to thank you, all of you, for your prayers, for your comments, for your words of encouragement and for everything.

You know, one of the things I most enjoy about blogging is the friendships that are forged, even without having met anyone face to face.  There's always  a kind word ready when you're having a bad day, and that means a lot.

So, after a good night's sleep, and another morning of waking up way too early, I decided to do the housework that I had, which was minimal since I did most of it yesterday....and then spend today at a slower pace.

Some coffee and a slice of fresh bread hit the spot

2013_01080020

We did some homeschooling and I even took some time to sew which always relaxes me.

2013_01090001

First thing though, I put a gallon of frozen milk in the sink to defrost.

I really wasn't planning on sewing today but suddenly felt the creative itch, and I couldn't ignore it. I had a picture on my computer that I saved a few years ago, and I've been meaning to make it for a while but couldn't figure out exactly how to do it.

2013_01090005

Last night I came across a website with a tutorial for making Five Stones, the game, which is sort of like Jacks...and it hit me, THAT is just what I needed to make these cute Folksy looking chickens for my kitchen window.

2013_01090006

These were so fast to make and I loved every second, you can't help but smile at the cuteness.

I got them set up to take a photo and right as I took the picture someone came in to investigate.

2013_01090014

Much better

2013_01090015

2013_01090016

I can't get over how cute they are, they're just my kind of decoration

2013_01090018

There's just something so adorable about the folksy, wonky, primitive handmade decorations that I really love.

And here they are on the window sill

2013_01090038

I may just make a few more. :)

After school, I wanted to make something yummy for the kids, so I grabbed my leftover rice and quickly made some Portuguese Rice Pudding

2013_01090030

And then I still got some time in working on some cute little quilts for the girls. They're very spring looking, with bold colors and lots of flowers :)

2013_01090047

Another yummy comforting dinner and my day was done.

2013_01090053

I'm still a little anxious with Lola, it's almost like I'm waiting for something else to happen and I can't quite relax, so I spend my day telling myself over and over that I'll only drive myself insane if I keep thinking about it. Positive thinking Sandra....positive thinking.

I think I'm going to grab my crochet and start a new little something tonight while hubby and I watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Have a restful night everyone :)



8 comments:

Robbyn said...

Tell me about freezing your milk...do you drink it after or use it for recipes? I didn't know one could do that...

Sandra said...

Robbyn, I always buy 2 or 3 gallons at a time, then freeze it. When I want to use it, I just set it in the counter for a few hours until it defrosts, then drink it just like the other milk. It will last for as long as if it was bought and put straight into the fridge :)

Robbyn said...

I had no idea. Thank you for the great tip!!

Mari said...

I can understand the worrying about Lola. It'll be good when Friday comes and you can hear from the vet.
The chickens are so cute - you are always whipping up something!
I love your new pic. It looks like a painting from the 50's - it's so you!

Cole said...

Lovely little chickens!

I'm glad things seem to be back to normal after yesterday's scare! Our dog has had some seizures too, she's a little Pomeranian, and it's sure scary!!!

Sherri B. said...

It is so good to hear that Lola has not had another spell...One of my radiation technicians just went through this with her dog. A trip to the vet found nothing out of the norm and perhaps it would never happen again but maybe it would, which is good in one way but not in another...They are like our children for sure.

Your chicks are so very precious and have the cutest expressions and are doing such a good job guarding the egg in their charge.

xo

Amber said...

The little chicks are adorable! Glad to hear that Lola has not had another episode!

Renee said...

So glad to hear Lola is doing better. Love the crafted chickens! Praying all goes well Friday.