Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BOY IT GOT COLDER HERE!!!!

We were enjoying some sunny days and warmer temperatures, I actually went out a couple of times in a short sleeve shirt and was hot.

I should have known that wouldn't last long though, yesterday we got rain and cooler temperatures and today we're back to 20 degrees with ice and really really cold weather surrounded by dark purple clouds. Rain anyone?????

So before I go on, I want to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!!! I would be lying if I told you that hubby and I celebrate it, we don't. We don't give each other anything and we don't do anything special, it's always been that way and we really don't care LOL We tell each other "I love you" everyday and show how much love we have, so we don't need one specific day to say it. How do you all c
elebrate your Valentine's Day??? Are we the only ones who don't do a big shebang about it???

Now I'm not going to blab and brag about the TV card again, but I do want to tell you that I've been able to do my computer stuff while watching the Christian Channels...I actually just finished watching Joyce Meyer WHILE.I.BLOG.......how about that???? Even better, I'm able to record the shows to rewatch later, I m
ean come on, nothing like a good Christian show that you can watch over and over, after all the Lord's word never gets tiring does it???

I'm happy to say that Nicholas is all better, he's finally able to turn his head without having to turn his whole body, poor thing. He's also back to his normal smart-aleck-self. He just cracks us up with the things he says LOL

I have to tell you we are lucky with the kids we ha
ve, they are a riot. Just yesterday we were all in the living room talking and Curt was going on and on about something, and Jasmine just calmly turns to him and says "Ugh daddy why don't you go skipping through the daisies?" LOL I only wish you guys could have seen his face LOL

Then this morning I made Banana Nut Muffins, and Nic devoured his on the couch, leaving a huge mount of little crumbs. When I asked him why he made such a mess, he replied "well I was really hungry mommy" LOL Ohhhhkayyy!
Kids have the ability to make you laugh even when you're having a bad day :)



You all know that I LOVE sewing and crafting, I haven't had much time to do anything and I start getting antsy about it. But when I see things like that fabric stack above, I just want to dive in there and start up a new project.

I do have to say though, I think I'm more into the cooking projects, throw me a new recipe and put me in the kitchen for a day, I'm a happy camper. What do I have planned to try this weekend too???


Aren't those the cutest little cupcakes you've ever seen??? I know I know, I already said I have other cooking projects planned for this weekend but really what harm would it do, if anything I'll just give my family a sugar overload LOL
Maybe I'll be nice and not make them all the same day, I could try to decide between them all but it's so hard.

Whatever I make though, I'll be sure to have pictures to share with everyone.

So what do I have planned for today?? Well there's always dishes waiting to be done, no matter how many times I run the dishwasher, there's always something sitting in the sink and patiently waiting it's turn. The living room is a mess today, there's a comforter, yes you heard me, a COMFORTER on the couch.....Nicholas loves his and when he's not feeling well, he manages to drag his pillow and comforter downstairs and lounge on the couch all day long.

Here's my to do list for today:

Vacuum living room
Steam Clean Carpet
Mop kitchen floor and downstairs bathroom
Bake bread
Make Menu and Grocery List for tomorrow

Guess I'll be busy as usual. So I'm heading out hopefully to come say hi to you guys real quick before I start my day.
First I'm going to grab another cup of hot cinnamon coffee, it's freezing here right now and I think it will hit the spot. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

God Bless,

11 comments:

Jen said...

I hope you have a fantastic Valentines Day too....enjoy your day honey,,

Donnetta said...

Glad to hear the little guy is feeling better!!

My post today talks about what we do/or don't do for Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

someone else said...

Stopping by to say Happy Valentine's Day!

gail@more than a song said...

Glad your little one is doing better.
We don't always do a lot for valentines day either...went out with our couples sunday school class last night though.
I love your pictures, so fun!
Need to be doing some work like you listed but I'm on the computer instead!
And I haven't come up with any new slow cooker recipes so that I can play along with that but I do enjoy seeing all the others.
Have a good day Sandra.

Eden said...

Hey Sandra!

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's good to hear that Nicholas is all better. Poor little guy!

Steve and I normally celebrate V-day by giving each other a card or going out somewhere. I did send him a card, so I'm hoping he gets it today!

Sandra, would you possibly be able to change by blog template? Please let me know.

Hugs,

Girl Raised in the South said...

My husband and I never celebrated V-day together when the kids were home; instead my son was my valentine and the girls were hubby's. We'd set the table with china, the whole works, and there would be gifts to the girls from their dad, to my son from me. Now that the kids are out of the house, we finally celebrate and it seems more special since it took over 20 years to get to. We're going to dinner and a George Strait concert this weekend, my husband's pick, and he's so excited. I'm happy to go just about anywhere this time of year. Your ice sounds about like ours. xoxoxo

Barb said...

I'm so glad he's finally feeling better. Poor little guy.

You're busy! I was planning to be busy, too, but here I sit making myself crazy trying to figure out how to restore the audio device on this computer. I'm sick and tired of it being deadly quiet. LOL

Very frustrating! But there has to be a way!

Have fun doing all that stuff I should be doing, too. I have four more days off after today so sooner or later, I'll be getting the steam cleaner out, too.

Laura said...

Hubs and I don't really celebrate either although he did buy me a very small arrangement of flowers today which was sweet...he doesn't normally. I like to do something special for the kids. I just finished dipping strawberries in chocolate for my daughter and making ice cream for my son (he has dairy allergies so I make him ice cream with rice milk).
Hope you aren't working too hard!
Laura

Michelle said...

Guess what? Joe and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day either! I sent him an e-card and he left a msg for me on my computer this morning, but that's about it! So nope, you're not the only ones not celebrating, or making a big deal out of it!

Glad to hear Nicholas is feeling better!

Robin Green said...

We don't do anything special for Valentine's, except give each other a card. We do cards and a small gift (giant hers*hey's kiss) for the kids and they make cards for us--that's about it! I saw in your profile that you are military--so are we--for 16 years now! Enjoyed your blog!

Christina said...

We don't make a big deal out of Valentines Day either. My hubby usually gets some candy for the kids, this year was huge reeses hearts, but that's it.

It's so funny hearing the things that kids say. I think Nicholas has the right idea, he was really hungry. I am the one making the mess sometimes so it works for me.

Can't wait to see the projects you make next. I wish I was good at crafts, but I don't have a whole lot of patience for them.