Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Watching TV on my computer!!!!


We all know that I love TV and I love some shows, honestly, I think that if I could, I would probably spend days glued in front of the tv screen. I'm one of those people that likes all kinds of shows so I can usually find something to watch.

Unfortunately, I'm either really busy, running around, or the kids take over the TV so I find myself missing a lot of shows that I'm interested in.


I had hear about TV Computer Cards, which allow you to watch TV on your computer, but I kept thinking, NAH, I mean really, how good would that be??? I had also heard that you can record your shows straight to the computer so you can watch them later.....sound great so far???

UMMMMM HELLOOOOOO...I should have done it earlier.


Yesterday I had to run to the BX for some stuff and I happened to glance at one of
the shelves. There is was....Hauppauge WinTV2000 for $75. I didn't know whether to pick it up or not, but I really really wanted to check it out, so I picked it up. It's inexpensive and let me tell you, I'm NOW watching tv, yes, watching tv while I blog. I can make it as big as my tv monitor or I can have it always on top in the corner AND I can record my shows.

I'm so thrilled you have no idea, NEVER again will I miss Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty, G
eneral Hospital or American Idol or Survivor or whatever.........I can even set a timer on it to record a show while I'm away from the computer....or I can be watching one channel and recording a different one. And even better, I have the clips saved on my computer so I can watch it whenever I want to.


Anyway, I finally managed to make it to all your blogs and leave comments.....except for Liz (Looneybin4sure) and Hub....for some reason, every single time I try to load up their blogs, it crashes my computer LOL
I'm not sure what is going on, but I'll keep trying.

Little Nicholas is finally getting sick too, he's walking around sniffling and this m
orning he said "Mommy I can't go anywhere, I'm sick"....well that would be ok if daddy was home, but it's not like I can just leave him home while I pick up Jasmine. He cracks me up with the things he says though, and so does Jasmine.

Yesterday we were talking and I don't recall what I told her, but she looks at me and says "You're freaking me out man" LOL Man?!?!?!?!
Where does she get these things, it's like the other day she was telling me about one of the boys in her class, and she was explaining how he is always getting in trouble because he
whines and cries for everything....then she says to me "Ugh he annoys me, he kept whining to me and finally I just said "golly, do you want some crackers to go with that wine?" HAHAHAHAHA

She's a feisty one, definitely going to keep me and her daddy (him especially) on our toes during her teenage years.

Thursday she has a Spring Concert at school, at 2:30pm and 6:30pm, and we've been told (by her) that she has to be there for both times. Apparently it counts towards their grade, so she's paranoid about being there and not missing it for anything in the world. Since Curt is in class this week, I'll be there at 2:30pm with Nicholas and then we will ALL be there again at 6:30pm.....will be a day full of Spring thoughts and songs about Groundhogs. Can't wait!!!




Anyway, I have to tell you, I have met the sweetest ladies through blogging. You all know how much I love you guys and it's amazing how friendships are formed even when you've never met in person.

I was talking with Elizabeth through emails and she told me she was sending me something, boy was I ecstatic when I got the mail this weekend and was met with a package full of books. You know the way to my heart Elizabeth LOL Thank you so much :) She's such a sweetheart and I love her to pieces :)

Then yesterday, I get home and grab the mail to find a beautiful "Get Well" card from the other sweetheart Eden. What a sweet thing to do and it definitely made my day :) Thank you Eden :)


Everytime I'm sick I get lazy, really lazy. I don't want to do anything and so I have to find ways to force myself to get up and clean, cook dinner and well, continue being a mommy and wife I guess.

So I'm sitting here and I know I have to go sweep and mop the kitchen floor and I don't want to. I could get away with not doing it but I doubt anyone wants to keep stepping on that sticky spot. You know the ones that mysteriously appear and NO ONE did it??? Don't you just love that???

Anyway, I'm outta here, have errands to run and things to do. Hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday, remember to take one day at a time, enjoy it to the fullest and stop worrying about those things which we can not control. Lay it all in the Lord's hands and watch how much easier your life can be :)

God Bless,



14 comments:

Jen said...

When I'm sick I cant seem to get any energy to do anything...our house has been in shambles for weeks. It will get done one day.....

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

That's pretty cool that you can watch tv on your computer! We don't have tv but I have seen on some of the major networks websites where you can watch certain shows online as well. Tempting at times.

Do you think it is because we have Firefox that you can't view our blog? That must be frustrating to have your computer crash!!! It's too bad 'cause I was enjoying your visits!

Spring will be here soon and colds will cease (at least mostly!). You deserve a break from it all! You've had more than your fair share! Hope this one doesn't hang around.

Have a great day! -Andrea

Susanne said...

Heehee, you're kids are too funny!

I feeling pretty lazy right now too, because I don't feel great. I just want to curl up on the couch but I don't want one of the dayhome kids going home and saying Susanne was sleeping on the couch all day! :vD

someone else said...

Gotta love that new technology! I'm amazed at the stuff available in the electronic world.

It sounds like you're feeling better -- I'm glad. You're going to need your strength to keep up with that cute Jasmine!

Anon said...

I can truly relate to what you are saying! I see my floors need a good sweep and mop, so I sweep and don't mop! Unless its obviously dirty!

Overwhelmed! said...

Can I just say that a Hauppauge WinTV2000 would be very, very dangerous for me to own! :)

Sorry I ruined your breakfast this morning with my gross pedicure picture. :)

Anonymous said...

Coool TV card, ours won't work, but never mind.

I totally understand you, I don't want to work around the house either, and I'm getting ANOTHER cold, grrr. Oh well, such is life. Perhaps we should do as Joyce Meyer was saying on one of my Mum's tapes, rebuke that illness as soon as it starts!! Lol can you imagine in the supermarket rebuking our illnesses, heheheheheh.

Hugs n' stuff.

Pamela said...

Wow! I would definitely be interested in Hauppauge WinTV2000. I wonder how much memory it takes. I would just love to be able to keep up with the news and my shows, all while blogging! lol Thanks for the heads up!

Sounds like Jasmine is going to keep you entertained Thursday, have a great day! :)

Laura said...

Hey Sandra! My cold turned into the flu unfortunately so I've been down and out myself. No fun that is for sure!

Glad you are feeling better.
Laura

Unknown said...

I'm going to check out that new TV thing. It sounds like a good alternative to Tivo, which I can't justify paying over $5 a month for the rest of my life for! Did you know that Amazon has a new thing called Unboxed? You can download TV shows from them for your computer, right after they have played on real TV. That's a cool alternative, too.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Oh I would go crazy without my TIVO box! I never watch shows when they actually come on but I do get to watch them when the kids are in bed THANKS TO MY WONDERFUL TIVO recorder ! !

Linda

Barb said...

Boy, Sandra, you run techie circles around me. If I had one of those, I'd be paralyzed from the waist down from sitting in this chair 24 hours a day instead of the way-too-many hours I sit here now.

LOL Good for you, though. I do have a TV in my bedroom for emergencies but I'm pretty good at talking Rob into watching MY shows on TV and I don't have any kids here to compete for TV time with.

Hope Nicholas doesn't get too sick. That stuff is just running through your whole family, isn't it? Hope everyone gets well and stays well soon. :-)

Christina said...

That tv thing sounds cool. I am going to see if my BX has it.

Sorry to hear Nicholas is sick. I know how it is. My 3 year old likes to fall asleep in the car every day when I am picking up my other kids and then I put him on the couch but have to wake him up to bring my daughter to paddling so he never gets much rest and then is crabby the rest of the day. I like it when hubby is home and can do some of the driving.

Hope Jasmines concert goes well. I love these school events. They are always so well done.

Nice gift from Elizabeth. Definitely a great package to receive.

Looney Mom™ said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry my page is crashing your computer. That's horrible. I wonder if it's happened to anyone else. I was FORCED against my will to switch to the "NEW" blogger last week. Grrrr...

Well if you use bloglines, you can read and pop in to say whatever in my My Guestbook. Just a thought. SOOO sorry.

And the TV thing. WAY cool. I'm going to check that out!