Thursday, February 01, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!

I decided to update my banner, I figured with it being a new year, we needed a new one :) Please update your banners when participating ok???

Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your favorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.

What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)

SAUCY SCALLOPED POTATOES



4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 pounds)
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of celery or mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 large onion, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham

In a slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well.

Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Stir in ham. Reduce heat to low; cook 6-8 hours longer or until potatoes are tender.

Yield: 8-12 servings


4 comments:

Barb said...

Apparently Mr. Linky is doing something new,like disappearing after a day. Good grief. I wonder what's up with that guy.

And where are your comments? I know you must have had some on this post. Something weird's going on.

Or maybe I'm just confused - again. Sigh.

Anyway, your scalloped potatoes sound wonderful. I have simply GOT to get my act together. I have no idea where Thursday went. I'm spinning my wheels here and that's just not right! :-)

Michelle said...

Finally I can leave a comment today! Tried most of yesterday and it wouldn't let me on some of the blogs!

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for this recipe - it's right up my alley - we LOVE potatoes in this household and I am definitely making these!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Yummy! We make this sometimes and use sliced kielbasa sausage in place of ham.

~Beki

Michelle said...

I have been "lurking"!!!But will now leave a comment.Your scalloped potatoes sound very tasty..thanks for sharing.