Thursday, February 08, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!

I decided to update my banner, I figured with it being a new year, we needed a new one :) Please update your banners when participating ok???

Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your favorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.

What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)

Well ladies, hopefully today I'll be lucky and get more than 4 comments on this, I thought you guys were enjoying but I guess it's run it's course.....will see how today goes, if I'm still not getting much response to it, I think it may be the last one I do, I don't want to keep putting something up that people are not interested in anymore :)

Anyway, here we go:


Bachelor's Beef And Beer Recipe



Ingredients:
2 pounds cubed beef
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 bay leaf
1 package dry onion soup mix
12 ounces beer

Directions:

Combine flour, sugar, thyme and soup mix. Toss cubed beef in to coat. Dump in crock pot.

Add bay leaf, pour beer over beef mixture. Stir. Put lid on and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Remove bay leaf. Serve over noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.


19 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah, I finally get to use the pretty new banner!
Thanks Sandra for hosting this!!

Laura

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
Thanks for doing this. I know how you feel. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth blogging because I don't know if anyone is reading it. Then God showed me the end results was his business not mine. Not I look at it like this. I post and whom ever God brings my way I am open to recieve them. Whether it be 1 person or 50 people. personally I like our small group. Makes it easy to get around to everyone.
Hang in there.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I posted a recipe for slow-cooked friendship along with a great Mexican pork recipe.

Annie said...

Sounds good!
I put mine up and love seeing new crock pot recipes!
Thanks,
Annie

~Telah said...

My crock pot is in gear right now! I love crock pot recipes.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds great!

Linda

Michelle said...

Oh Sandra last Thur most blogs weren't allowing comments for some reason! I think I finally got to comment on your recipe last week, but it was a day or two after the fact...I just couldn't leave a comment that day!

This sounds like a great recipe and I have everything but the beer! I'll just have my hubby pick some up from the shoppette and I've got my menu for tomorrow! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Don't stop hosting! There are lots of people interested!

Thank so much!

Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, although I haven't got a recipe for you this week, I hope you don't stop hosting. Even when I don't contribute, I enjoy seeing the recipes from others!

Thanks for sharing your latest recipe, now I'm off to go check on the others'. :)

Eden said...

Hey Sandra! Please don't stop hosting. I love your recipes and everyone else's.

I've been busy these past weeks, but hopefully, I'll get back to reading and blogging soon.

Although, I admit, I'm very discouraged where blogging is concerned. It seems I get alot of hits, but only get a few comments. It's been hard without Steve here, I'm lonely, and I was looking forward to the encouragement and support that I'd seen out there/here in blogland, but...

Anyway, I'm done ranting. I shouldn't complain, right?

Did you get my email about my blog design?

I do apologize for not keeping better in touch. I'll try to do better.

Oh, I'm so glad you got my card!
Hugs,

A Juggling Mum said...

Please keep Slow Cooking Thursday going, I love it and need all the recipe ideas I can get :)

Christina said...

I'm so glad I was checking out the blogs today because I wouldn't want to miss this recipe. I can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! :o) Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

Sandra,
I have more books to send to you. I will get them out soon.:)
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Sandra said...

Thank you all for sharing your recipes, you ladies have shared the BEST ones today, I've printed them all and am making them in the next week or two.

Michelle said...

Thanks as always Sandra for hosting this..Late in sharing but such is life :)

Unknown said...

Yummy recipe.

Susie Q said...

Going to try this one this week...we're having below zero temps here in northern Co. I'll have to drag a dark beer out of hubby's hands. It gives a richer flavor than an amber or light beer...and the next day. YUM!