Thursday, February 22, 2007

I decided to update my banner, I figured with it being a new year, we needed a new one :) Please update your banners when participating ok???

Welcome to my weekly Crockpot Recipes Exchange. It's such a great way to share your favorite dishes or to learn some new ones to make for your family.

What do you think??? Do You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???
Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use. If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)

CHICKEN ENCHILADAS


1 whole chicken, cooked, skinned, deboned
and cut into bite size pieces
1 can cream of celery soup
1 c. sour cream
3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. green chiles, chopped
1/3 c. jalapenos, chopped (if desired)
Dash of nutmeg
6 to 8 thick flour tortillas
1 (10 oz.) can green chile sauce
Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Dash of chili powder

Mix together soup, sour cream, cream cheese, dash of nutmeg, dash of chili powder, green chiles and jalapenos. Add chicken and toss.

Spread filling on tortillas and roll up. Place in lightly greased rectangular baking dish, side by side. Cover with green chile sauce and top with shredded cheese. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until hot and bubbly.

I just realized that I completely forgot to add the Crockpot Enchilada Version.......where is my head today???

I decided to give you 2 recipes, the one above because its' OH SO GOOD....and then a crockpot one. Here it is:

CROCKPOT ENCHILADAS

l lb. ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 pkg. super sized corn tortillas (10 in a pack)
1 med. sized can mild enchilada sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 can corn, drained

Cook ground beef and onion together and drain off the fat. Stir together enchilada sauce and cream of chicken soup. Cut tortillas in half. Place some sauce in the bottom of your cp. Layer 3 tortillas (6 halves) around cp and cover center. Spread out half of the beef, top with half of the corn, pour sauce on to cover and then sprinkle with one third of the cheese. Do another layer the same way then top with the rest of the tortillas, cover with sauce and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese. You can also toss in some sliced olives in you'd like. I cooked mine on 5 1/2 hours low and then the another 45 minutes on high and it was perfect. (I think my cp is a 5 qt. one and it is round).


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking recipe.. to do this in the crockpot I would cut tortillas up and layer it all in the crockpot.

Thanks for hosting again!

Melissa said...

This is my first week participating! I forgot to say that my recipe is Cheesy Potatoes.

Your recipe looks great! I'm going to try it this weekend.

Michelle said...

Oh Sandra how yummy that does sound.thanks for hosting this.

Michelle said...

Oh Sandra this sounds like such a great way to make enchiladas! I think I know what we are having this weekend! thanks!

My Trendy Tykes said...

Sounds wonderful !

Linda

By the grace of God ... said...

This is my first week to participate. I think we will have to try your recipe this weekend!

Kelli said...

Hi Sandra! I love chicken enchildas and both of your reipces sound SO good!!!
Kelli

Barb said...

You get a gold star for posting some of the BEST recipes, Sandra. This sounds wonderful. I've yet to find a single recommendation from you that wasn't totally delicious.

Never, ever stop supplying me with new and amazing recipes. OK? :-)

Unknown said...

I enjoy making Chicken Enchiledas for my family too. Yummy!

Jen said...

We just made this the other day and Miller who is 15 months old next week loves these.....thanks for sharing both recipes.....

Annie said...

Better late than never right? Just got back in town and got mine posted! I plan to check out all the recipes in the morning.
blessings~
Annie

Anonymous said...

Sandra this sound YUMMY! I've done 4 of your crockpot recipes in the past 2 weeks. I've done Scalloped Potatoes, Chicken & Mushroom Stew, the Chilli, Ham Tetrazini (I can't remember the exact titles of the recipes, but they were all delicious). When I try some new ones I'll do a Slow Cooking Thursday post. Hugs.

Eden said...

Yummy! I'll be back later today hopefully to catch up. lol Have a great day!