Monday, February 12, 2007

What a weekend!!!!!


Is there anything worse than your little 3 year old in pain??? Thursday night Nicholas pulled a muscle in his neck, while sleeping, so I was up all night with him screaming in pain and not able to move his head at all.

I HATE seeing my kids in pain, there's nothing like that feeling of helplessness and not being able to do anyting.


He spent the whole weekend complaining about it, and though he can move around and I've even caught him running with his sister, he still has a hard time looking to the right, so he does that whole body turn....but at least he's able to sleep and that's always a good thing right?

I spent this weekend cleaning the house, doing laundry, mopping and sweeping and all that other fun stuff. I have to tell you, I really don't mind doing housework, except for putting away laundry. OH.MY.GOODNESS do I HATE that...give me a ton of laundry to iron and I'm a happy camper, but then tell me to go put it away and I quickly become a sour puss. It's a scary thing to witness.

So saturday morning I woke up and felt something on one of my upper teeth, it felt like something was stuck there, I removed it and low and behold it's a part of my tooth. Ok, am I really getting that old that my poor teeth are falling apart???
I have the weakest teeth in the world, seriously, I actually told my dentist to just remove them all and give me fake ones, that's how tired I am of dealing with them.....unfortunately he keeps telling me that I have good teeth and good bone structure and he won't do that. *SIGH*.........guess the day I walk in there toothless will be the day he actually LISTENS to me LOL

I have a busy week ahead of me again, I tell you, the day I have my Green Card in my hand I will breathe a huge sigh of relief and throw the biggest party.

I have to tell you this TV Tuner card was the BEST thing I ever could have done. It is wonderful being able to watch tv while I'm quickly emailing or blogging, paying bills etc. No more missing the news or my favorite show....it's just wonderful.

I have to start my Spring Cleaning and it's overwhelming trying to come up with a plan and a list of things to do and when to do them. Let's face it, when you have kids it's hard to try and fit in everything that needs to be done in one day, so I found this great checklist online....well actually you fill in how many hours you want to clean, what room etc and it compiles a plan for you, even including the cleaning supplies you need...I'm ALL for outside help.

So I have my checklist printed out and I'm planning to start next monday, I have so much scheduled for this week and I honestly don't think I'll have time to squeeze in anymore.
If you want to see an example of my Spring Cleaning Checklist, go here.

For wednesday I need to come up with something inexpensive for Jasmine to take to her Valentine's Day party, I need HELP, I need ideas on what to make with stuff I already have on hand. Can you ladies help me out???

That's all I have time for today, I'm about to quickly do a fly by post on your blogs and then I'm heading out for the day. Have a wonderful monday, oh and don't forget to go check out Laura's blog for the "Menu Plan Monday" and if you want to see my menus just go check out my food blog.

God Bless,

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Pace yourself girl! Sounds like you are trying to do more than you have time for in a day! lol

I just love the idea of your Hauppauge win TV 2000 card. I was so intrigued, but I don't think you can use it with a Mac and I have pretty much decided when my laptop bites the dust, I am getting a Mac.

Take care of your little boy Nikolas' neck, that is such a pain whenever I do that! :)

Jen said...

Good for you on the spring cleaning...I have started de cluttering and deep cleaning myself...setting things up to sell the house....have a great week...

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry Nicholas pulled a muscle in his neck! How uncomfortable he must be; and it is hard to watch your children be in pain when you can't make them better right away!

Susanne said...

Awww, poor kid! That sounds very painful.

It's hard to think of spring cleaning when it's been snowing for days on end and it's like a deep freeze outside.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, I hope your son's neck feels better soon!!! The same thing happened to me a few years back, and it was awful. There really is nothing worse than watching your babies suffer...

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sandra,
I will say a prayer for your son.
When you are done spring cleaning you can come do my house. LOL You always make me smile when I read your blog.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

And when you've done your spring cleaning you can just pop across the Atlantic and do mine...what do you mean "no"?? Chuh! Hehehehehe ;) Hugs, hope your little one is fully recovered.

Barb said...

You sound like me, Sandra, with the spring cleaning. I worked like crazy for two days and had only finished two rooms. So I decided there's lots of time between now and the first day of spring - slow down!

I love the cartoon at the beginning of this post - cracked me up.

Hope you get it all accomplished this week. Knowing you, you will. :-)

Donnetta said...

WHEW... what a weekend indeed! Hoping the little guy is feeling better soon and the incident with your tooth isn't too serious!

Also hoping for a slower and less eventful week for you! :-)