Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well we're actually cold here

carol

in Arizona.  It's 55º and we're all bundled up and complaining that it's chilly....it's pretty funny considering that just a few months ago I was in the negative degrees in the middle of a snow storm and would have welcomed these temperatures.  Makes me wonder "Are we ever happy?"  LOL

I have a little story to tell you, do you want to learn some french?  Because I just found out this morning that Nicholas, who is only 4 years old, apparently knows how to speak French....listen to this.  I am getting breakfast ready and Nicholas turns to me and says:

Nicholas - Mommy can you whip me up something to drink?

Me - What?  What did you say?

Nicholas - Whip me up something to drink please!

Me - Ok but where did you learn "whip me up a drink"? *laughing at this point*

Nicholas - It's french for "get me something to drink"....didn't you know that?  Whip me up....listen to it....whip me up, it's french see?

Me - Uhh...ok  *laughing hysterically at this point*

Hahahahahahahah  So there ya go, who said you can't learn a foreign language from a 4 year old?

Can you believe that it's almost Christmas??? I feel it in the air, everyone is rushing and you don't really see a single person without a shopping bag in their hands with some sort of gift or wrapping paper or something christmasy.....

I'm scrambling to finish the ornaments and Jasmine's doll, but I've been so busy lately, there's just so much going on, it's crazy.

On friday Jasmine's school is doing a Christmas Concert, they're singing holiday songs and she's also one of the dancers, they're doing some sort of 60's dance to one of the songs.  She was all for it but as the day nears, she's getting extremely nervous, just wait until she realizes that I'm taking pictures AND filming to put on the blog LOL

What?!?!?  I can't just go to the concert and NOT share it with all my family and friends here can I?  That's just no acceptable!

Then this weekend I have some last minute gifts to buy for Curt and the kids, plus I have to get all the stuff for the Gift Baskets I'm doing for them.  I'm also going to be making "The Pioneer Woman's" cinnamon rolls to send to Curt's work for the airmen. 

On the 23rd, we have a surprise for the kids.  Here on base, they are having this Christmas feature, we pay $5 for each kid and we give them one of the gifts for each......then get this....at around 4pm there's a knock on the door and it's Santa Claus delivering a gift for them.  I can NOT wait to see their faces LOL

You know I'll have the camera ready and waiting right????  Poor kids, sometimes I feel so bad for them because every little thing they do is getting snapped and shared on the blog.....only....I don't feel too bad because it's for family and friends!

The kids have written their Santa Letters and I just have to share with you because I love what they write.  There's something about little letters to Santa, with all their extravagant requests, mispelled words and adorable decorations, that just melt my heart.

I have to say though, you can tell Jasmine is 8 years old, just look at some of her requests LOL

jasminesantaletter

Uhhh yeah, first off Butterscotch Pony is almost $300, then the Ipod and camera.....*snicker*

nicholassantaletter

I love that he has requested for Scooby doo underwear LOL  Just gotta love these kids!

Right now I'm about to go work on my sewing projects so that I can get them out of the way ASAP.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday and staying warm.  Here's what's happening in my house today:

whatdoing

Laundry

Cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms

Sewing

 

whatwatching

Like Father, Like Santa - 1pm on Lifetime (Harry Hamlin plays a ruthless toy tycoon who travels to the North Pole in a plot to crush his competitors---possibly destroying Christmas in the process.)

Shrek the Halls - 7pm on ABC

Winnie the Pooh & Christmas too - 7:30pm on ABC

House *Merry Little Christmas* - 8pm on Fox

 

whatiscooking

I have to tell you about last night's dinner, I tried "The Pioneer Woman's" Best Lasagna Ever and OH.MY.GOODNESS.....she was not lying.  I just posted the recipe on my blog this morning too but I can't even begin to tell you just how delicious it was, as a matter of fact, I've thrown out all my other lasagna recipes because this will be the only I'll ever use.

Tonight's dinner is Garlic Herb Fish Fillets with some rice and veggies.

12 comments:

Erika said...

I have been wanting to try her cinnamon rolls but I don't want to make that many of them. How do you make a smaller quantity?

Sandra said...

Erika - I haven't tried to make a smaller quantity, I'm making this huge batch for Curt's work, but I'm going to work around and see if I can size it down to just one pan, if it works I'll let you know :)

Mari said...

I love that Pioneer Woman - she has the best recipes. My friend made a half batch of the cinnamon rolls and they turned out good. I'll have to try the lasagne.
I get harrassed by my family for always taking pictures too. Just think though - you are keeping a running photo journal of their lives. I wish I had been doing this when ky kids were young,

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of you upcoming festive events!

Jen said...

Well, first of all thanks for the heads up on Winnie the Pooh tonight..that is Miller's all time favorite person. And I just set the DVR up. This Lasagna sounds wonderful I may try this one when it gets cold around here....and cinnamon rolls what a great idea....I'm wanting to send Scott's work something too...I normally send a cake or plate of candy....cinnamon rolls sound better.

Anonymous said...

Wowsers that lasagne sounds delicious. I shall have a try!


Thank you for the card! It was doubly great because I was wondering what your new address was. I mailed one back straight away so let's hope it gets to you before Christmas.

And lol at Nicholas' comment, too funny!!

Hugs n' love. S. xx

The Frugal Apprentice said...

This is the first year that NONE of my kids *believes* anymore. :( It's not nearly as much fun!

I will have to try that lasagna someday! It sounds incredible!

Hugs,

Sherry

smilnsigh said...

55 degrees!!!!!!! Yesssssssssssss!!! My first thought was not a months ago snow storm. Mine was of the horrible heat/humidity you endured for a while out there. Yesssssssss to 55 degrees!

And I love it how you put down the Christmas tv things on each day. You are soooo cute.

Mari-Nanci

Christina said...

Wow you are still just as busy as ever. I haven't been around in awhile because I have had visitors for 4 months straight and a friend who moved back to the island and stayed with me for 2 an 1/2 months.

Anyway as I told Jen I have been following your blogs just not having any time to comment since I always felt self conscious about using the computer when everyone was here.

I saw the pictures of your new house and how you decorated. It is really nice, but I am saddened to hear as you commented on Jen's blog that the neighborhood woman are not very friendly. It is kind of like that here. We are moving again to new housing in about 4 months so for the year I have been here they have not moved any new people in and it is like a ghost town with the few people left keeping to themselves. I really hope you end up meeting someone. It's awful to find out your neighbors are not really interested. I am a people person too and would love to have neighbors like in my old area where we had coffee almost every day. Kind of becoming like family. In fact the girl who stayed with me was my neighbor 6 years ago and I went in with her 2 years ago when she had her first baby. She is back now but lives in housing about 25 min. away because her husband is stationed on the other post. We do see each other, but it is not the same as living by each other. Anyway I pray you meet someone soon, maybe someone who moves in and likes to be friendly with the neighbors like you do.

Cheri said...

I love the scooby doo underwear request- that should be easy to fill!
I'm glad you're going to get the kids reactions when Santa comes to their door- Can't wait to see it!

Jill said...

Ok, I am totally going to make the lasagna and cinnamon rolls. I keep saying I'm going to, and now that I know someone (besides PW) that has made them, I am so there. The Santa visit sounds like so much fun. Can't wait to see the photos!

FaVeMom said...

8 - 10 year old little girls have expensive taste and no sense of the concept that Santa Claus provides for all children. HAHA

http://mommy.teamvera.com