Monday, February 07, 2011

He brings me peace and joy

2011_02070056


My husband is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.  There is just no doubt in my mind that I am one of the luckiest women on earth to have snatched up such an amazing man.

I have had a bit of a hard time lately, there has been a lot going on which has brought me sadness and hurt and has left me broken at times, vulnerable and weak.

If it weren't for my faith and the belief that not only does the Lord only give me what I can handle, but, that he is also taking care of me and will see me through these obstacles, I don't know if I would have been able to continue with a smile on my face.

But that is exactly what I do.  I smile, oh I complain too and I whine and I vent but usually it happens for 5 minutes after I find out something that I don't like.  It's normal, it's human nature, no one likes being tested, no one likes hearing sad news but it's how we get through these times that matters.

Truth be told, the curve balls that life has thrown my way over the years, has made me into the woman I am today and I thank the Lord every single day for that.

I don't even know where exactly I'm going with this post other than to say that I love my husband and that his strength and his love continues to see me through it all.

He does things that for some may seem small but to me are the biggest display of affection, of the love he has for me and when you have that in your life, you know that you can conquer anything.

2011_02070047

He adores me and he finds my love for photography a cute thing. He is my biggest supporter in everything that I do and so, with that in mind, he decided to give me a present for which he had been saving for a while.

A new camera, my newest baby, my current obsession. My Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  It's a beauty and he knows how much I use my cameras, I am constantly taking photos, so he says this is a good investment because it will get put to good use.  He knows me well.

2011_02070032

It's a little intimidating, I mean this camera has some power behind it and I feel a little like a fish out of water, but I'm forcing myself to use it in the Aperture and Shutter Priority settings, totally going out of my comfort zone but I feel that if I can conquer those, I'll be good to go.

But with all this rambling I forgot to tell you what has been going on around here.  

Well I took Nicholas to the allergist this morning and he has set up an appointment for Thursday morning for the skin test, we will finally find out what he is allergic too and that is such a relief for me.

On Wednesday night we will find out where we're moving to and when we're moving.  I can't wait because as much as I hate the idea of having to leave our house and move yet again, I also just want to get it over and done with.  There's nothing worse than sitting in a home in shambles, boxes everywhere and not knowing exactly where you're heading.

In between all of that, I've had a good cry here and there because of some family stuff we're dealing with and I thank you all for the prayers you have showered upon my family, we are ever so thankful and so touched.  Maybe one day I will be able to share more with you but for now, I can't and I want to respect my family.

So that's what is going on, this is me, just pushing and plodding along from day to day, surrounded by laundry and homeschooling, cooking and packing, crying and laughing, busyness and laziness, but always determined to not let things get me down.

I'm an optimist, I'm a realist and I'm a worrier, but most of all, I'm a child of God and I prefer....or rather....choose, to take one day at at time and to not overwhelm myself with negativity and thoughts of things that I can not change. 

No comments: