Thursday, February 24, 2011

Born Under a Lucky Moon Book Tour


Born under a Lucky Moon is the debut novel from Dana Precious and is based on the author's true story.

About the book:

Born Under a Lucky Moon is the tale of two very important (but distant) years in the lives of Jeannie Thompson and her (embarrassing, crazy) colorful family members to whom "things" just seem to happen. From the Great Lakes of Michigan to Los Angeles and back again, it is a story of surprise marriages, a renegade granny, a sprinkler system cursed by the gods, and myriad other factors Jeannie blames for her full-tilt, out-of-control existence. But it's also about good surprises—like an unexpected proposal that might just open Jeannie's eyes to her real place among the people she loves most in the world . . . the same ones she ran far away from to begin with.

My thoughts:

I think the biggest thing for me in this book, is that it was hilarious, I found myself laughing out loud at some of the antics surrounding the main character's family.  It made me think of my own big family and how things get so crazy and whacked out when everyone is together.

The story is about Jeannie who is a movie advertising executive and her boyfriend has just proposed to her.  The events that follow is what truly made the book for me, because she chooses to tell him or rather, try to convince of why marrying her is a really bad idea.  So she decides to tell him about when she was 19 years old and the events that unfolded, beginning with the tale of the wedding preparations for her oldest sibling Evan.

I laughed and I mean LAUGHED at some parts and I think the best visual for me which had me in stitches was the Fourth of July celebrations when Jeannie's grandma decided to run naked through the town.  HA!

It was like sitting on the edge of your seat during a suspense movie, never really knowing what was coming but you just knew that you couldn't tear away from the screen, or in this case, the pages of the book.

Such a good read and I think if you're looking for a good, quick, feel good book, this is it.

Get a taste of Burn Under A Lucky Moon and the characters in the book through the PDFs of the Prologue, Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.



If you want to follow the book tour, be sure to check out these reviews:

Monday, February 21st:  Booksie’s Blog
Wednesday, February 23rd:  Kelly’s Lucky You!
Thursday, February 24th:   Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Once again, thank you to TLC for providing me with a copy for review.

No comments: