Monday, February 21, 2011

# moving

I'm back.....

and I'm in extreme pain and sick with a cold.

I don't even know where to begin with this move, other than to say that my hubby and I have realized that we are way too old to be moving ourselves, it will never happen again....and I mean NEVER.

My hands are swollen and cut up, my legs are all bruised, my lower back is killing me, my sciatica is making it very hard to walk around and my feet are SO sore I can barely stand, especially my left foot, I think I may have pulled something because it's just unbearable.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, let me tell you and show you where I've been for the past 4 days.

Hubby picked up the U-Haul on Friday morning and we started loading it up,


it took the whole day to get it full,


our wonderful children helped so much, they worked hard right along with us :)

by 10pm we just said enough and closed the doors on it.

Up bright and early on Saturday morning....


hubby had to go weigh it because when doing a DITY move you have to weigh the truck empty and full every single time and keep all the receipts so the military will reimburse you.   While he was gone the clouds took over the sky and I started seeing a little drizzle and I remember thinking "Lord no, please let the rain hold out until tonight".

I may as well have been saying "please squeeze the clouds real tight and drench us" because next thing I know it's coming down hard.


We unloaded the whole truck in the rain.  Made sure the kids stayed inside but hubby and I shivered and plowed through, soaked to the core.  NOT my idea of a good time.

But it gets better, because the rain slowed down a little only to make room for a nice dust storm to blow through, so not only were we wet but now we were wet AND dirty.  


By 9pm we just couldn't take it anymore, we made our way back to the old house for showers because the furnace was not turned on at the new house and I couldn't for the life of me find the lighter. 


Another full day of moving in the rain, yes folks, I'm not even kidding, it rained Saturday AND Sunday, all day long.


By Sunday night we were all moved in, just a few things were left at the old house but we were just so tired and sore and at this point I began feeling completely overwhelmed.

My body was shutting down, I was coming down with a cold and now I was faced with a house full of boxes that need to be unpacked.  I just wanted to burst into tears.....and I did a couple of times.

One thing is glaringly obvious, we are just not young anymore and you usually don't think much about it until you're put into situations you've been in before and realize how much you've changed in just 4 years.  The same move we made 4 years ago and only took 12 hours to do it in, ALONE.....took us 3 full days and we're still suffering.

But here we are, in the newly renovated home.  Remember we were forced to leave our other house because they HAVE to renovate right this minute???  And they're moving everyone into newly renovated homes right???

Well let me show you just a few of the great things we've been finding around this new house.  I am just so irritated right now because our previous home was MUCH better.  Maybe this is the new way of doing things???


I just don't understand, how exactly am I to hang my clothes on this rod?  This is one of the master bedroom closets.  It just boggles my mind that anyone would think that is acceptable.


Medicine cabinet in the master bathroom.  Can you spot the wrong, badly put together, make shift shelves? 


Hallway bathroom, this is one of the drawers....I don't know, again maybe it's just me, but when I think renovated homes I don't think broken drawers.  But again, that's just me.


Master words!

I'm documenting all of this and I'll be sure to bring it up to the Housing Office this week.  It's bad enough that we are forced to move but is it to much to ask that we are put into a home that is as good or better than our previous one??

Anyway, I'm just ready for this all to be over with and to just get back to a normal routine.  OH and before I forget, this afternoon, my house flooded.  Oh yes friends....because I'm not already in pain and overwhelmed and feeling defeated.  I walked into my kitchen to see 2 inches of water coming from the laundry room, it flooded the laundry room, kitchen and the whole living room. 

It was the last straw for me, I literally burst into tears and flung myself into my husband's arms.  The day we move out of this base, can't come soon enough for me.

So there you go, now you know where I've been and what I've been up to.  I'm going to head to bed and get off my feet for a while, but not before taking some Motrin.  If there's a silver lining in this, I hope I see it soon because as of this moment, I'm completely drained mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment. Please be respectful of each other and my blog. Rude comments will be deleted.

Thank you for stopping by, hope you are having a Blessed day!


Created with flickr badge.