Monday, March 13, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/13/2017 }

Good morning friends, hope you've all had a wonderful weekend.

I'm sorry I'm a bit late starting today, but this time change has me all messed up.  I honestly feel like I'm jet lagged without having gone anywhere.  That and the fact that I was enjoying waking up to sunrises and now it's back to waking up in darkness.  Ugh!!

Anyway, let's get going with this week shall we?
 



The weather:::
Rainy day, it's currently 40 degrees.  It's supposed to clear up and warm up throughout the day and it looks like a nice week ahead.  


On my reading pile:::
Phillipa Gregory "Meridon".


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Yesterday, Curt, Jasmine and I watched "Christmas Office Party", it was quite funny.
I'm still binge watching Women Behind Bars which I really enjoy.
Finished Outlander, started Underground and am hoping to finish that one soon too.
Watched the new Ghost Brothers episode for Season 2, and also watched The Dead Files.  Going to watch The Walking Dead sometime today, I'm the only one watching it here at home, everyone else gave up on it.  


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
Documentaries
Underground
The Waling Dead


On the menu for this week:::


Monday 27th
Tavern Sandwiches with Onion Rings
Tuesday 28th
Chili Con Carne, Rice 
Wednesday 1st
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, Spaghetti noodles
Thursday 2nd
Slow Cooked Sirloin, Mashed Potatoes
Friday 3rd
Deep Dish Taco Squares, Salad 
Saturday 4th
*Grocery Shopping*
Sunday 5th


On my to do list:::
Ironing
Vacuum, Dust
Unload and reload dishwasher


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Almost done with Part 9 of the Mandala Madness, set it aside for a few weeks so I wouldn't get bored, but picked it back up last night.
Still want to get the bunting done for the living room, hoping to get to that some time this week.

Wednesday I'll be making Part 5 of the Scheepjes CAL 2017.


Happening this week:::
Jasmine has a doctor's appointment on Thursday
Kids are also on Spring Break but we need to catch up on school, so they'll be doing that


Looking around the house:::

It's not looking bad, I cleaned up a bit yesterday.  It's just the usual tidying up, dishes, cooking etc.


From the camera:::
Portuguese Cookie Cake that I made for Saturday night.  We had family over for dinner.  I will get the recipe up on the blog some time today. 




What I'm wearing today:::
Patterned Leggings, V Neck Grey flowy t-shirt.  Black sweater. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Having family over for dinner.   


Bible verse, Devotional::: 



8 comments:

Mrs. U said...

That Portuguese cookie cake looks WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!

Jodi said...

Oh my..that Portuguese cookie cake looks amazing! Hope you have a great week!!

Pamela said...

Tavern Sandwiches sound intriguing. I'll have to look for the recipe on your food blog. Have a great week!

Jean said...

I'm right there with you on preferring very much to wake up in daylight. I always wait for them to add Walking Dead to Netflix and then watch the whole thing all at once. Your cookie cake looks wonderful!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hey Sweetie! I hear ya - I'm late today too and feel like I'm catching up with time change stuff too. ;)

Your menu sounds so yummy as always. Do you use biscuit dough for your taco squares? And that cookie cake looks SO good! Can't wait to check that one out!!

Love your inspiration too. I'll play catch up later today and read your posts I missed this weekend.
Blessings on the week ahead. xoxo

Row. said...

your menu looks so good! and that cookie cake!!!! hope you have a great week.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

The Portuguese cookie cake looks delicious! Sounds like many good recipes this week - especially the taco squares. Hope you have a great week!

Stacy said...

That cookie cake looks AMAZING!