Monday, March 20, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/20/2017 }

Good morning friends, welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday!!!

I have a pretty difficult week ahead of me, so not really looking forward to it at all.  Heading to our Uncle Mike's funeral in about 2 hours, it's going to be a tough day and I'm looking forward to being home later.

On Thursday I have to go in for a Spot Compression exam and an Ultrasound for my right breast.  I'm still really scared but I'm trying very hard to stay calm.  So if you could send some prayers my way, I would greatly appreciate them.

Well let's get going shall we?
 





The weather:::
Beautiful spring days the past week.  We've been in the upper 80's and 90's, today we are reaching a high of 94 and then 80's the rest of the week.  I'm happy for that, been looking forward to Spring for a while.     


On my reading pile:::
Phillipa Gregory "Meridon".


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Didn't watch much at all this weekend, just didn't have time.  Watched The Dead Files, Ghost Brothers and my usual Vlogs.


On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil (if it's a new one)
Need to watch last night's Walking Dead
Need to watch the new Ghost Adventures from this weekend


On the menu for this week:::

Monday 20th
Will be out all day for the funeral
Tuesday 21st
Deep Dish Taco Squares  
Wednesday 22nd
Slow Cooked Sirloin, Mashed Potatoes
Thursday 23rd
Pork chops, Salad
Friday 3rd
Homemade Pizza 
Saturday 4th
Spaghetti, Garlic Bread
Sunday 5th
Chicken Fried Steak, Mash Green Beans


On my to do list:::
Monday - Funeral
Tuesday - Housework, Homeschooling
Wednesday - Post office, Homeschooling
Thursday - Mammogram exam in the morning
Friday - Housework, Homeschooling


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still working on the Mandala Madness.
I haven't yet done Part 5 of the Scheepjes CAL from last week, it was just a whole lot of boring single crochet rows in preparation for the big middle embroidery, but I haven't gotten around to it, a lot happened last week and my head just hasn't been in the game.


Looking around the house:::

Not much to clean, just have to tidy up a few bits and bobs here and there.


From the camera:::
I didn't pick up the camera the whole of last week.  I'm sorry guys, since I got that phone call I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself and just didn't have the energy or motivation for anything else.  I will do better this week.



What I'm wearing today:::
Still in my pajamas at the moment.  Need to get dressed for the funeral in about an hour, I'll be wearing a plain black dress, black shoes and then diamond earrings and a diamond cross necklace.  Keeping it very simple but comfy because it's going to be a very long day and we have a 2 hour drive to get there too. 


One of my simple pleasures:::
Not worrying.  Really!!!  When I am actually calm and relaxed and not worried about something, it is one of the nicest feelings on earth.     


Bible verse, Devotional::: 

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.- Corrie Ten Boom


I am feeling very scared and anxious and worried about Thursday, so I'm adding in a prayer for myself, but if any of you are going through something similar, feel free to use the same prayer.

Gracious, Heavenly Father, You already know the worries on my heart.  I pray that You will give me the peace that passes all understanding in the trials that are ahead.  I am scared about this week.  I give these worries to You Father and ask that You will carry me through this difficult time.  You already know that I had my mammogram, and that I have to return on Thursday, you also already know the results.  I pray Father that the results will give me a clean bill of health.  But if they don’t, I pray Lord that you would free me of this disease and heal me completely. I will obey You Father no matter what.
I thank You and praise You for Your patience with me.  I love you Father!  Amen.


13 comments:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

You do, indeed, have a challenging day and week ahead. You are in my prayers. No need to apologize for not having photos. You had a lot going on last week that was difficult to deal with. Please take good care of yourself this week as you are grieving the loss of your uncle and preparing for your appointment on Thursday.

Pamela said...

Praying for safe travel and comfort for your family.

Simply Quaint said...

Praying for safe travels....blessings and prayers for you and family.....this will be a rough week....but you're strong.....you have alot of support and you will get through this......

Beautiful weather you are having...oh how I cannot wait....

Blessings dear friend

Hugs
Rhonda

Jodi said...

Sorry to hear of your family's loss. Praying all goes well with your exam on Thursday!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hugs and Prayers for the difficult tasks at hand this week. Your strength of faith will carry you through. Hug Curt and your kids, they are your strength.

Rachel said...

Hugs, prayers and good thoughts for you throughout this week Sandra!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

May God comfort you all!

Jean said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Hope your appointment on Thursday goes well. Hopefully, the coming weeks will be better ones.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Blessings to you All as you go through the grief of today - and I hope some laughter among the tears as you celebrate his life. Thinking of you and sending love and prayers. Also, will continue prayers for Thursday. Give it all up to God's hands sweet Girl. He's always there holding you.

Please keep us posted. xoxo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Praying extra for you this week. Huggles.

Row. said...

Sandra, I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers your way.

Sherry Jolly said...

You're in my prayers! I know how scary it is for any inconsistancy in a mammogram. Have a good week, Sherry

Renee said...

Keeping you and your family in my prayers; so sorry to hear of your loss. Praying for you about Thursday as well. Take care, Renee'