Saturday, June 15, 2019

{ Good ol' Saturday }

June 15, 2019

One of the best feelings in life, is that of being surrounded by your family.  I always tell my husband that when he is away I feel like I'm just going about my day without breathing.

The minute he walks in the door, everything goes back to normal and my body immediately relaxes, so much so that I laid down in bed at 8pm last night and by 8:15 I was completely out, even dreaming.  Goodness hahaha

Marley was beside himself with happiness, he couldn't believe his daddy was home, and the kids were both thrilled too.  No matter how old they get, daddy is daddy and they love him dearly.

June 15, 2019

My Saturday started with the usual tossing of clothes from hamper to washer, and then to dryer.  I gave the kitchen a good cleaning, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and then went outside to help hubby get my car ready to be towed to the dealership this week, where it will finally get the turbo replaced.  Praise the Lord!

June 15, 2019

We then headed out the door with the kids.  My sister in law's birthday is tomorrow and we needed to get her a gift, we also wanted to get Nick a haircut although it was super hard to find any place that was either open or didn't have an hour wait.  Gave up on that and I'll take him for a haircut on Tuesday morning when I take Jasmine to work.

Had a really yummy lunch at Red Robin, laughed, talked and really enjoyed each other's company.  I find that as the kids have gotten older, the time we all spend together is that much more meaningful.  It's different, it's more mature and interesting in a way.

When they're young we loved spending time with them but they really just wanted to play with their toys, and weren't into any kind of conversations, not to mention how hard it was keeping them entertained for the time we were out.

June 15, 2019

Since Red Robin is at the mall, we walked around a bit trying to find something for the birthday but couldn't really find anything.  I did find a few things for our home in the clearance aisles at In Home.

June 15, 2019

Absolutely loved the way this candle looked and for $3 it was a bargain.  I also picked up a pack of these ImPress Press on Manicure to give them a go.  I've been seeing them all over Instagram lately and was quite curious.

You know that I don't much care for long nails, don't have patience to even go sit and get them done, and I find them a waste of money.  But I do love having pretty nails so I usually just do them myself at home.

And the long nails thing????  Just not for me, they bug me, they get in the way, I feel like I can't feel what I'm picking up or doing and it just drives me insane.  But I really wanted to give these a go, so I popped them on about an hour ago.    They were very easy to get on, which I'm surprised by, and they look really pretty.

Within 10 minutes, I had taken out my nail clippers and clipped them down to a more manageable size.  I just can't do it, it's no use, I can't handle long nails LOL

If you're interested to see how they look, I put a picture up on Instagram.

June 15, 2019

The last two items I picked up were these Curtain Lights.  I've been wanting them for my bedroom, to go behind my bed, but hadn't yet found the ones I liked.  These are clear wired, which is exactly what I was looking for.

I'll set them up tomorrow and show you how they look.

And that is it, just a very simple, family day, but definitely my favorite ways to spend the weekends.

Tomorrow is a home day, I have a lot of prepping to do for the week ahead, want to bake some goodie and I need to get in the backyard to pull weeds from my little garden.  I already have a tomato and my chili peppers are growing too.

I'll be back tomorrow to show you all of that and more :)

No comments: