Monday, June 24, 2019

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 06/24/2019 }

Good morning everyone and a very Happy Monday to you all :)

Love Mondays, as you all know, and I'm eager to get started with my day, do my chores and get my week on track.

Wishing you all a very blessed happy week ahead!!!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhKRT-Lx77BAt8oVUPjiqJLF0xWMofRI9sRVx71wm8Xt9DShD3hWKspVqp6XLxIxRE3rczc3aBz-6rQnY7JjKfen8t7Pj2iN0cmmk9Yng2Jt9ZeOW8jenFZVbGD0fqU0wh8DeK3lg/s1600/HHM.jpg

The weather:::
Woke up to fog and dark grey skies, but it is super muggy outside still.  It doesn't look like we're going to have much rain this week, so I guess it's full steam ahead with the hot weather.  Let me quickly add that I've noticed the older I've gotten the worse I've been feeling when it comes to the heat, I just can't handle it, it's driving me up the wall.  LOL   

Monday - Sunny, 90
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 92
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 93
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 93
Friday - Sunny, 96


On the breakfast plate this morning:::
Caramel latte and some cheesy bread made in the air fryer.  It's my favorite way to have toast of any kind, I just slather on the butter, add a slice of cheese and then air fry for about 8 minutes at 400 degrees.  SO good!


Right now I am:::
Sitting in bed typing up this post.


On my bedside table:::
Flowers, Cath Kidston lotion, alarm clock and my little flower pot with the tv remotes.


On my reading pile:::
The Summer of Sunshine and Margot by Susan Mallery



Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
Was quite busy with yard work this weekend so didn't have much time to watch anything, and when I did get a moment to sit and watch something, I couldn't decide what I wanted to watch.  You ever have those days?  I have tons on my list but didn't feel like popping on any of them.  I did however come across this show on Youtube called World's Strictest Parents UK, so I watched a few of those in between yard work.  It's basically a show about two UK teens who are out of control and are sent to spend a week with new parents abroad, strict parents.  It's quite interesting. 


On my TV this week:::
General Hospital
Homemaking vlogs
The Spanish Princess
Prince - Mind of a Tyrant Episode 1, 2, 3 and 4
Britain's Bloodiest Dynasty
Revenge of the Land

By the way, if you love BBC Documentaries (like I do), check out the BBC Documentary Channel on Youtube.


On the menu for this week:::
I posted our Meal Plan on Friday but I'm shifting meals back a bit because this weekend we ended up just snacking, having sandwiches and not having proper meals.  Saturday and Sunday's meals will now become Monday and Tuesdays and so forth.  Sorry for the confusion.   

Monday
Copycat Rodeo King Burgers and Fries

Tuesday
Grilled Bratwurst and Potato Salad

Wednesday
Sheet Pan Pizza

Thursday
Spaghetti Casserole, Garlic Bread

Friday
Turkey Meatball Strogonoff and Rice


On my to do list:::
Call dealership to get an update on my car
Wash bedding from all beds (that's gonna take a while )
Vacuum and dust



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Working on a crochet piece for my bedroom. 

June 23, 2019

Looking forward to:::
Hopefully having my car back sometime this week. 


Looking around the house:::
I've opened the bird cover up, opened all the curtains and the doors to the back yard, the screen doors are closed but it's letting in such a wonderful cool breeze.  I love fresh air, the feel of it, the scent of it, everything.
The house is pretty dark with the foggy weather outside, but I do enjoy the cozy feeling it exudes.   


From the camera:::
My very first tomato.  I'm thrilled and I can't wait until the rest of the tomatoes are ripe.   

  June 23, 2019


What I'm wearing today:::
Will throw on some shorts and a tshirt, it's a home day so no need to get all dressed up for housework.        


One of my simple pleasures:::
Gardening.  I'm not the greatest at it, but I'm learning and I love seeing what I can grow and how everything goes from a simple seed to an actual piece of fruit or vegetable that we can eat. 


Bible verse, Devotional, prayers::: 


10 comments:

Jean said...

That show sounds interesting, the concept reminds me a bit of Wife Swap. Did you ever watch that one when it was on TV? I know you'll enjoy your day at home. Hope you have a wonderful week!

LA Paylor said...

I love seeing vegetables grow. There is an extremely short season here in the front range of CO so I hope to hold a fat red tomato. I have a blossom! I'll check out the youtube channel thanks lots!Leeanna

Becki said...

Ugh! Being without a car is so frustrating! World's Strictest Parents sounds amusing. Maybe I should have my kids watch and see how bad it could be! LOL

Jodi said...

That tomato looks so yummy! I hope you get your car back soon!! Have a great week!

Monique G. said...

Beautiful tomato. We don't have any yet. I'm still waiting to see the first yellow blooms. Great choice in books. I'm currently reading Siters Like Us by Susan Mallery.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

HI Sweetie!
Your breakfast sounds right up my alley! Yum! 😋
I'm so bummed The Spanish Princess is ending already and have to wait until 2020 for part 2. Ugh!
I always love your cozy pics. And you are rocking those tomatoes Lady!! Have a blessed week xo

Felicia said...

I've never had much luck in growing tomatoes, they are tricky little things to grow. We decided against doing a garden this year because of all the traveling we had to do but I can't wait to do one for the fall.

Luludou said...

Breakfast looks good! tomatoes will be ready in August around here. Can't stand the heat as I go older either

threesidesofcrazy said...

Pretty nice looking tomato - something to be said for the weather there at least is good gardens. I feel for you at this time of year - unless someone has lived there, there is no real way for them to understand the oppressive nature of southern heat! I hope the storms stay at bay and you have a good week.

Rebecca Knox said...

Congratulations on getting that beautiful first tomato! My dad's goal was always to get the first tomato before the 4th of July here. Our tomatoes are about drowned out, but, hopefully, we'll get some before the summer is out. Have a great week ahead, Sandra, and thank you for all that you do! Blessings! <3