Saturday, May 09, 2020

{ Tackling the weeds, and repotting some house plants }

_MG_8331

The past two days, I've spent a lot of time pottering around, literally, with my house plants as well as trying to control the weeds overtaking my planters in the front yard.  Pesky little buggers, they just take right over your whole yard if you don't stay on top of them.

_MG_8349

The weather has been acting a little strange, so I wanted to start by showing you this photo I took of my pool, in the early morning hours.  You may not be able to tell, but there's steam coming off the pool.  Looks so neat!

_MG_8329

_MG_8330

Had quite a few of my house plants that had outgrown their pots, and I've been wanting to re pot them for a while but just never seem to get around to it.

Got them all repotted and even split my Dragon Wing Begonia into 3 different plants.  It was absolutely humongous and looking a bit squashed in it's previous pot.  Fingers crossed they do well with the fresh soil and with more room to grow, would hate for them to die from the shock of the transplant.

_MG_8337

_MG_8338

I left one in it's usual spot in the living room, then moved the two newly transplanted into my bedroom.

_MG_8339

_MG_8340

_MG_8343

Also took all my little succulents that were in tiny pots, and transplanted them into this cute bench planter that I've had sitting around for a while.  My brother and sister in law actually gifted it to me last year for my birthday.  Isn't it just the cutest thing?

_MG_8336

There's 3 in there on the picture above, but this morning I popped another one in there, same kind as the one on the far left.

_MG_8360

2 years ago when my grandmother passed away, my wonderful mother in law sent me a beautiful Peace Lilly.  I was so scared of it dying, but it's been thriving and doing really well, so much so that it's tripled in size, and it took was needing to be transplanted and given a bit more room.

_MG_8365

From one plant, I ended up with 3, which thrills me.

You know if you've been my reader from the beginning, you surely know that I was never good with any kind of plants, I used to refer to myself as having not a Green Thumb, but rather a Thumb of Death.

But I think that pushed me to start trying harder, researching, and taking some risks.  Since then I've been in love with planting and growing my own veggies and herbs, taking care of house plants and so on.  I'm nowhere near where I wish I was, my plan is to have tons of plants in the house, but not there quite yet, I still have some casualties from time to time.

_MG_8367

_MG_8368

_MG_8370

_MG_8373

But it sure is nice to see the fruits of my labor growing happily inside and out.

_MG_8390

With us stuck inside, our schedule has been a bit all over the place.  Meals are simple, quick and easy at times, especially lunches which consists of frozen pizzas, sandwiches or leftovers.

But hey, as long as I get a good meal on the table at dinner time, that is what matters, at least to me.....well and my family too.

_MG_8392

Just wanted to show you my laundry area.  I was giving it a good cleaning today and quickly threw on a coat of blue paint on the cabinet under the sink.  I want to make the laundry area tie in with the rest of the kitchen, and I think this works.  I still need to put on another coat or two, but I love how it looks already.  What do you think?

_MG_8395

Laundry was done, weeds were tackled in the front yard, others were transplanted and repotted, floors were vacuumed and I even managed to reorganize and clean both my walk in closet and the master bathroom.

I've also cooked up some delicious food, and have been adding the photos to the food blog as well.  I added the Caramelized Upside Down Banana Cake recipe, and tomorrow I need to add my Beef filled Crepes.

By the way, if you follow me on Instagram, I usually show you what I'm making for dinner and take you along with me.  I've also started saving those to my highlight, so you can find the recipes through there too, in video form.  It's just a fun way to get the recipes and see how to make them, if that's something that interests you.

_MG_8344

_MG_8348

These are delicious and I think your family will enjoy them.  They're a Portuguese/Brazilian recipe.  I thought I had shared these on my food blog, I mean I've shared so many recipes since 2006, but I checked and it seems I never did.  I'll get the recipe up tomorrow.

Well, I'm going to grab my book and try to finish it.  It's pretty good, I'm looking forward to sharing my review with you soon.

Have a blessed night friends :)

1 comment:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hello Sandra. Happy Mother's Day to you! I love the blue color you painted that cabinet. Blue is my favorite color. I will try to find you on instagram and follow you there. I am always looking for food ideas - especially now. Have a wonderful day.