Tuesday, May 19, 2020

{ Bird watching on a rainy day }

_MG_8446

Remember when we were stationed in Arizona, I always took a ton of pictures of the birds around the house?

I used to sit for hours in the backyard, with my camera on a tripod, just watching the birds, taking photos, and enjoying them fluttering about doing their own thing.

_MG_8450

I haven't really been bird watching since then.  Life got busy, and ashamedly, I stop doing a lot of the little things that I enjoyed.  That needs to be remedied.

So, this past weekend we had non stop rain, pretty severe storms at time, but in the afternoons, a calming, constant rain.  I sat out on the back porch with the camera in hand, and just listened to the drops falling on the table, or the roof above me.

It was so calming and just what I needed.

_MG_8451

_MG_8455

So many different species, colors, sizes.  I am always in awe of God's creation.

_MG_8488

_MG_8491

_MG_8496

This little one in the back was cracking me up.  He kept peeking over the other one, then looking away, then again that little head would pop up to see what I was doing.  Hahah

_MG_8501

I know, I know that is a lot of bird photos, but don't you just love them?

But I also did take a lot of rain photos.  I think sometimes it feels good to sit back and really immerse ourselves into the nature around us.  I for one adore rain, I love sleeping to the sound of rain, I love rainy days and cozy afternoons, and I absolutely love sitting out on the back porch watching the rain falling down around me.

_MG_8493

_MG_8437

_MG_8438

_MG_8439

_MG_8440

_MG_8444

_MG_8447

After sitting outside for about an hour or two, I came back in and got some reading done.  My boy Marley is my little shadow, where I go he goes and if he is not right at my feet, he is nearby, watching, waiting.

_MG_8460

_MG_8466

It just felt good to take it as slow as the rainy day.  Recharged my batteries and made me once again appreciate the life I have.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

"Life got busy, and ashamedly, I stop doing a lot of the little things that I enjoyed. That needs to be remedied." I totally agree, I'm trying to find time for the things that I enjoy, I let the busyness of life eat it all up.

I love the birdie photos. So pretty and Iove rain too (which is good near where we are!) I love to lie in bed and hear the patter of rain on the roof, or to light a cosy candle during the day whilst it pours outside.

Mari said...

Oooh - I really enjoyed this. So calming and peaceful.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I happen to love birds and rain photos! So glad you are getting to enjoy things again!