Monday, December 05, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/05/2022 }

Good morning sweet ladies, how are you today?
 
Are you ready for a whole brand new week ahead?  Are you ready for Christmas?  I can't say that I am yet, I haven't even bought a single gift, so I'm way behind this year, but that's ok.  Next weekend we plan on doing our family Christmas shopping.  We go together, have a nice lunch or dinner, and buy gifts for ourselves or each other.  It's just a nice way to spend the day together and get all ready for the big day.
 
This week, I need to get some baking done, some planning, lists and so on, so I really need to crack on and focus.  
 
As you may have already noticed, I made a new Happy Homemaker Monday Christmas inspired graphic, so that we can use it during this month.  Hope you like it!  
 
Also, it is Kaia's birthday today, she is turning 1 years old.  I can't believe she's been with us for 8 months already and is turning a year old.  She is such a sweet girl, and has brought so much love to our home.  It's hard to imagine life without her. 
 
Right, now, I need to get on with this post because I have to run some errands this morning, and need to get ready to leave in an hour.  
 
I hope you all have a blessed week,
Sandra
 
 

 
 
 ♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Today's high is going to be 80.  Why is all I ask?  
I will say, I'm looking forward to the rain coming up.
 





♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It's cloudy today, so it looks darker than usual.  There are a few squirrels running around in the back yard, and in the front, we have our barn cats walking around, eating and just doing what they do. 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my bed with my babies asleep next to me.  I am working on getting this post up, while watching a vlog on the TV. 



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

About Christmas, the gifts I have yet to buy, the food I need to make.  Just a lot of stuff going on in this brain of mine, which is a bit lost at the moment.  Hahaha

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I am doing well.  A little cold right now, but as you saw above, it's going to be quite hot this afternoon.  I feel like I could have actually slept a bit longer.  You know those days when you sleep well but still feel like you could sleep more?  Yes, one of those.    
 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The vlog on the TV.   Oh one of you was wondering which crime channel I was watching on Youtube last week.  I have a few but the ones I watch the most, are Grizzly True Crime, and 10 to Life.      



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

I already had a cup of coffee, but I will probably have another later this morning, after I return home from running errands.  I plan on also eating some cereal for breakfast. 
               
  

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Not sure.  I never know what I will feel like having.  I do have some leftover spaghetti and meatballs from last night's dinner, so may eat that. 
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Creamed Hamburger over Mashed Potatoes, Salad.          

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Winter pajamas at this moment, but will change into either leggings or jeans before I leave. 
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible, going to read through Matthew and Luke leading up to Christmas.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Finishing off Picard, and then I'm not sure what hubby and I will watch together.
I'm still watching the World Cup, as Portugal and Brazil are still in, but the minute they get eliminated, if they do, I'll stop watching.  Hahahah 
Homemaking, and Vlogmas vlogs on Youtube.



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Need to work on the new meal plan, already.  Where did the last two weeks go? 
 
Monday - Creamed Hamburger over Mashed Potatoes, Salad
Tuesday - Honey Butter Chicken, Rice
Wednesday - Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
Thursday -   Potato, Cheese and Onion Pasties, Fries
Friday - Gnocchi Bolognese, Garlic Knots, Steamed Broccoli
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

Have all the Christmas decor out, or the one I plan on doing this year.  I need to do a little pick up around the house, mainly with the kitty and dog toys they were playing with. 
 


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Happy Homemaker Monday post 
- Start meal plan
- Clean the house
- Send out 2 Christmas cards to the friends who sent one already
- Start Christmas list 
- Make Rissois
- Plan Christmas cookies
- Make Kaia's Pupcake for her birthday today
 

 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I love my Christmas village so much.  I often sit and just stare at the buildings, the people, the scenery, and imagine what it would be like to be right there, walking amongst them. 
 
 
 
  
♥♥ What I'm creating ♥♥
I am finishing off the third part of the Charlotte's Dream blanket.  I am trying to decide however, if I want to just go with the original pattern which means, building on from one block, or if I want to do what I did before, which is make a few of the big blocks and then join them together for a blanket.  
 
I'm leaning towards doing that, because I have a vision of different colored blocks all joined together in grey.  We will see what I end up going with.


 
♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
You can't live to meet all your needs and live to serve Christ at the same time.  Live as his disciple;  he's got you covered.  - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I can't believe how all over the place your weather has been! And I can't believe Kaia is already 1! Happy Birthday to her. Are you baking her a "cake"?

Your week sounds a bit like mine - it's definitely time for more list making, baking and canning so I can get organized! I hope to have everything wrapped by the end of the week as we're going away for a few days next week to visit that light display on the coast we did several years back.

Have a WONDERFUL week. I hope it's as productive as you hope for.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Sandra! I love your new background and header. So festive! And I LOVE that new HHM graphic. I didn't see it til it was too late, but have to use it next time. I've been ahead of the game with shopping. But my darn back has been making decorating slow - so still not fully done with that. It'll all turn out lovely for us all, regardless - right? We all have the true meaning in our hearts and that's the main thing. Thanks for these Mondays you host btw...I love them so much. Blessings on your week ahead! xoxo

Luludou said...

Thanks for the new vignette! I'm behind on the shopping too but we'll get there ;) Have a great week and hope that cold goes away too

Sherry Jolly said...

I love the green! Love the new HHM graphic! I just started watching those True Crime YouTubers recently too. Listen to podcasts too. Little obsessed maybe. Have a great week!

Jean said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Kaia! Our weather's been all over the place here as well though no 80's. Hope you have a wonderful week!