Monday, December 12, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/12/2022 }

 
Good morning sweet ladies, and a very happy Monday to you all.
 
It is just past 7am, Curt has left for work, and I am sitting in bed sipping coffee that has already gone cold.  Might need to heat it up soon.
 
We had a pretty good weekend, Saturday the four of us went downtown for lunch at Red Robin, then the plan was to get some Christmas shopping done, but we ended up at the Axe Throwing place, at the mall.  My husband had gone with his coworkers and really enjoyed it, and wanted to take us as well.  That's what we ended up doing, and I must say, it was so much fun.  We can't wait to go back.  
 
Yesterday was more laid back, church in the morning and then just a lazy relaxing Sunday.  
 
I hope you've all had a good weekend.  
 
I wish you all a blessed, wonderful week ahead.   Now, are you ready to see what's happening around our homes? 

Sandra
 
 

 
 
 ♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
I think this coming week, we can finally say we are done with hot weather.  I couldn't believe that we were still hitting 80s and 70s.  Aside from rain today, looks like a pretty dry week ahead but looking at some cold temps too (well cold for us here in Texas). 



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It's still pretty dark out, so I can't see much at all, other than my solar lights hanging on the gazebo. 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
As always, sitting on my bed, still in my pajamas, typing up this post.  The babies are asleep next to me, I'm listening to a podcast on the TV as well.  



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

Christmas.  I still haven't compiled a list of what I need to do or when I'm doing it.  I need to work on that this week. 

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

I am feeling pretty good, although, I was wondering my arms and back hurt a little today.  Then hubby reminded me of the axe throwing.  Hahahah   Yep, that will do it.  Honestly, it was a workout, we were all sweating and hot halfway into it.  
 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The podcast on the TV.  The turtle tank in the office. 



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

Just a cup of coffee at the moment, with Caramel Machiatto creamer.  I'm thinking oatmeal for breakfast, as it's rainy and a bit cold.  
               
  

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

I have been craving a Portuguese Tuna salad.  Tuna, chickpeas, boiled egg, onion, garlic, olive oil and vinegar, with some parsley sprinkled on.  Yes, think that is what I am in the mood for. 
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches           

 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
My pretty winter pajamas.  They are so comfy.  I have this obsession with pajamas and slippers.  Everyone knows if they can't think of what to get me for birthdays or Christmas, a set of pajamas and some comfy slippers is perfect. 
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible, Matthew and Luke leading up to Christmas.

I bought two books for myself, for Christmas.  I can't wait to read them.  First though, I am wrapping them and placing them under the tree, because by the time Christmas rolls around, I'll forget what is under there hahahha



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

We finished Picard, and have now started The Expanse.  Hopefully it's good as well, as there are 6 seasons. 
Both Portugal and Brazil are now eliminated from the World Cup, so I am done with that LOL
Homemaking, and Vlogmas vlogs on Youtube.
Not just this week, but for the rest of the month, Christmas Period Dramas, and in case you're interested too, I'm listing them for you:
 
The Christmas Candle - Amazon Prime
Call the Midwife Christmas Specials - Netflix
Victoria Christmas Special - I believe this one is on PBS
Little Women - Amazon Prime
A Little Princess - You can rent it for $2.99 on Amazon Prime
The Chronicles of Narnia - Disney+
Doctor Who Christmas Episodes - HBOMax has all the Doctor Who, but you can rent the episodes on Amazon Prime for $1.99
Love's Christmas Journey - If you enjoyed the Love Comes Softly series, you'll enjoy this one.  I found it on Youtube
An Avonlea Christmas - Online, I linked the movie for you
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - Amazon prime, Disney+, Vudu
The Nativity Story - You can rent it on Amazon Prime for $2.99
The Nativity Series - Amazon Prime


I have many more, but I'll do a separate post on that so I don't bog down our Happy Homemaker Monday.



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Creamy Sausage Tortellini Soup, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches
Tuesday - Hamburger Steaks, Rice and Veggies
Thursday -   Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake, Creamed Spinach
Friday - Beef Filled Crepes, Salad
Saturday - Smoked Cheese Hotdogs, Potato Salad
Sunday - Sticky Asian Chicken, Rice, Salad



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

Nick is currently redoing his bedroom, and giving it a deep clean, so he pulled everything out into my dining room.  I can say that I love that he is cleaning his bedroom, but I have twitchy eyes just seeing mattresses, shelves, and boxes in my dining room.  It needs to be put away ASAP, before I have a conniption of sorts  Hahahah  
 


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Happy Homemaker Monday post 
- Clean the house
- Write up Christmas Cards for our Church members
- Make Marmelada


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I am really looking forward to this new devotional.  I received it for a review, and I'm so thankful for it, because I usually buy two new devotionals at the end of the year, to begin in January. 
 

 
 
  
♥♥ What I'm creating ♥♥
I finished the orange garland, hung one up on the fireplace and another on the Christmas tree.  
 
Still working on the Charlotte's Dream blanket.  I decided to make different colored squares and then join them all together with grey.  


 
♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
No matter how people treat you today, you're God's child, you're being loved right now by an ever-present, ever-loving Redeemer.   - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp
 


7 comments:

Julieann said...

I made it!!! I missed last week and was so sad about that. I love this part of my day, joining in the fun and reading others' blogs.
YEP!! Ax throwing will do it. I am sure doing that you worked muscles you didn't know you had.....lol. I love that feeling :)
I am so glad you are all better, too.
Your menu, as always, sounds so yummy!
Have a wonderful day...Happy Monday 🤍
Julieann

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your post this morning (early afternoon now, I guess). The ax throwing sounds fun. Ha, I do that, too. I'll be wondering why something hurts and then, my husband will remind me what activity (like trying to start the lawn mower in the spring/summer) I did that probably caused it. Hope you have a wonderful week! And thanks for the Christmas movie/program list. I have some of the same ones on my list but see some new ones as well.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wow, that's a great menu. I'm still trying to catch up laundry after a busy weekend. Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! We have a local axe throwing place too and I look forward to trying it some time. It's good to know it's fun. ;) I totally relate with the eye twitch thing with the kiddo deep cleaning and stuff everywhere. Annie will soon be on break and doing some things similar. Lol I hope you have a very blessed week ahead. Christmas is coming so soon!!!

A Runners Mom & More said...

2 weeks in a row !! Kinda proud of this LOL, 2023 is right around the corner with lots to do for everyone! Deep, Deep cleaning will happen for me after Christmas...I think..I hope !

Luludou said...

Axe throwing? yep, that must make your arms ache. I love A Little Princess.
Have a great week

Pamela said...

What is the Victoria Christmas Special? Is that Series 2, Episode 7 "Comfort & Joy"?