Monday, December 19, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/19/2022 }

 
 
 
Good morning everyone, welcome to a cold Texas. 
 
I'm putting this post up a little later than usual, just had to make a few phone calls first. So, it's cold, the grass is covered in sparkly dew, and we've had to turn the heat on.  
 
We are also without hot water since Thursday.  I mentioned in another post about the sound of water running behind the wall, that is directly behind my washer.  We had Jasmine's boyfriend's friend (well their friend), come out and take a look on Friday night.  He is a plumber.  He said what we have is a leak under the house, from the water heaters.  
 
So to stop that water running, we have to turn the heaters off, and only turn them on each night for about 20 minutes, so we can all take a lukewarm shower. Lukewarm wouldn't be bad in the summer, the problem is that our temperatures have dropped so much, that we basically get just cold water, so showers have been interesting to say the least.  I can't wait to have hot water again. 
 
He is coming over later this afternoon again, and he and Curt are getting under the house and hopefully fixing this issue.  
 
Anyway, after all that babbling, let's get right on with our post, shall we? I wish you all a blessed, wonderful week ahead. 
 
 
 
 ♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
We are heading into an even colder week, with a 49% chance of snow over Christmas weekend.  I am so excited for that and really, really hoping it happens.
Monday - Sunshine, 59
Tuesday - Mostly cloudy, 48
Wednesday - Cloudy, 47
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 39
Friday - Mostly sunny, 25
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 32
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 44



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥ 
I'm sitting on the couch, and from here I can see both my front yard and the back yard.  There are birds out in the front and some out back eating from the feeder. 
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Sitting on my couch, working on getting this post up as quick as I can. 



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

My mind is filled with what needs to be done before the weekend.  I need to go run some errands this morning, but the minute I get home, I have to start my dough for the Christmas cookies, so it can chill until later.  Then I have to sit down and make a list of everything I need to do, so that I can spread it out through the week and not be left doing everything on Saturday.  There are things to bake and cook, presents to buy for the babies in the family, a meal plan to figure out, a grocery list to make and so forth.   

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

A bit overwhelmed, but I think it will be ok once I get it all written down and on paper.  It's while it all sits in my brain that causes the anxiety.  I'm always thinking I'll forget to do something. 
 
 
 
♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
Portuguese radio station.   



♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

Had a cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha and toast with butter and liver past. 
               
  

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Made Beef Filled Crepes for dinner last night, and have leftovers, so will eat that. 
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Potatoes, Salad 
 
 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black leggings, long sleeved camo top.   
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible, Matthew and Luke leading up to Christmas.
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional.
Morning and Evening Devotional by Charles Spurgeon.   



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

The Expanse. 
Homemaking, and Vlogmas vlogs on Youtube.
Christmas Period Dramas
 


♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
Will start working on the new menu, sometime this week, but for the next few days, this is what is on the menu.
 
Monday - Creamy Cheesy Chicken and Potatoes, Salad 
Tuesday - Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli 
Wednesday - Creamy Taco Pasta Bake, Garlic Bread, Salad
Thursday -   Homemade Pizza
Friday
Saturday -
Sunday -



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

Kaia is asleep on the couch, snuggled under a blanket.  Elliott is sleeping on the carpet, in one particular spot where the sun is shining.  The house itself is clean and tidy, so not much to do today other than the usual daily chores.    
 


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Happy Homemaker Monday post 
- Errands
- Gas up the car
- Make list of presents left to buy
- Make list of what needs to be done leading up to Christmas
- Make Christmas cookies
- Make Marmelada


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
I just love this photo of Elliott.  He looks so comfy and relaxed.  
 

 
  
♥♥ What I'm creating ♥♥
Charlotte's Dream blanket.  
Christmas cookies for the family and for Curt's work.
Lists and more lists.   


 
♥♥  Devotional, Bible Verse ♥♥
“I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” - Luke 1:38

7 comments:

Jean said...

So sorry to hear about that water leak/hot water problems. Yikes, not a great time to be without hot water. Hope it's an easy fix that gets sorted out soon. I felt a bit better once I made a list of my Christmas things (and gave a few chores to my husband to do). Hope you have a wonderful Christmas week!

Daniela said...

With sincere gratitude for hosting, I'm sending my dearest hug to you!
May this Christmas be filled with many blessings to you and your loved ones.
XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

Luludou said...

Oh no! you need hot water... hope it's something minor. Wishing a Merry Christmas to you and yours this upcoming weekend.

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I love your Eliott photo. And I can't add my link :-(

A Runners Mom & More said...

I tend to do a weekly 'brain' dump, putting things to pencil/paper clears out space for other stuff, LOL! Love the picture of the cat.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I hope you get hot water soon. It's getting cold here, and very cold this weekend. I'm busy with lists too, but not for a big meal. Our house is in a hot mess still with the living room under construction.

Julieann said...

I truly hope as I type this you have hot water again. I am so sorry. My goodness, that is a lot to deal with. It is cold and lukewarm showers are not fun.
You menu looks yummy!! Giving me some inspiration. I am crating lists and more lists too...lol. Hugs and prayers!
Merry Christmas
Julieann xo