Saturday, December 31, 2022

{ New Year Fun - 2022 Edition }


 Every year, on the last day of the year, I do this post.  It is a way of looking back on what we've done, where we've been and what has happened throughout the year.

2022 was good to us.  After 2 excruciating horrible years, in 2020 and 2021, 2022 came as a much needed break.  I embraced it full force, though not at first because I was kind of waiting for the next shoe to drop.  The first part of the year, things went well and I kept thinking.....ok, when does the bad part begin?
 
Which is not a way to live at all.  
 
So I changed my attitude and just started accepting what was, and what I didn't have control over.  I quickly realized that it's much better, and more joyful to live happy and not worry about what is to come, than to live in that constant state of anticipation.
 
I won't say I am completely 100% better at it, because when the new year rolls around, I still get that small niggly feel of "oh boy:.
 
But, my prayer is that the new year brings me and my family, as well as all of you reading this post, blessings and favor.  That we have a good year, filled with health and wealth and above all, joy.

With that said.....goodbye 2022, and hello 2023!!!

Post the first sentence of your first blog post of each month. You can also add a favorite picture from each month.

Happy New Year everyone!

******************************************
  
 
January 2022
 
 
It is that time of the year.  We look at our bookshelves and see shelf upon shelf, filled with books of every genre, color and size. 
 
 
 
February 2022
 
 
The home is the heart of the family!

Have you ever met anyone who does not appreciate a well kept, tidy, comfy and warm home to retreat to at the end of a hard day?
 
 
 
March 2022
 

Officially it is not Spring until the 20th of March, but can you tell how eager I am for it to come around?
 
 
 
April 2022
 
 
 
Good morning sweet ladies, how was your weekend?


 
May 2022
 
April 30
 
Hello friends, welcome back to my blog.  I know it's been a while since I've come in to chat, but I had some time today, and took a few pictures yesterday, so thought it would be great to come in and do one of my usual homemaking posts. 
 
 
 
June 2022
 
 
 
Good morning everyone, and a very happy Monday to you all.   I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.


 
July 2022
 
 
Good morning everyone, and a very Happy Fourth of July!!!
 
 
August 2022
 

IMG_3305

A few weeks ago, I mentioned the issue I was having with my wall double oven, and how I needed to get a new one. 


 
September 2022
 

 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to another Cooking Thursday.  

 
 
October 2022
 
October 2, 2022

“Birds teach a great life lesson. All you have to do is listen to their song.”
 
 
 
November 2022
 

IMG_4265

 
I'm a few days late in welcoming the wonderful month of November.  I honestly thought that I was still in October, for some reason.
 
 
 
December 2022
 

IMG_4367

 
Hello sweet friends, welcome back to my blog.
 
 

No comments: