Monday, October 02, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/02/2023 }

 
 
Good morning friends, come on in and sit with me a little.  
 
It is officially October, which makes me soooooo happy.  I can say that we are now entering my favorite time of year, although we still have some hot weather looming over us.  Ready for that to go.
 
So, October is here, and I can say that with it, I am back as well.  It's been a back and forth, for a while.  Me wanting to return full time to blogging, but life holding me back and not allowing.  As frustrating as that was, I have learned to go with the flow, and not force things to happen when they are not ready to.  All in good time, right?
 
Yesterday, I finally felt it was the right moment, so I'm quite excited to jump right back in, and to be here, more present, during this wonderful time of year.  I can't wait.
 
If you've noticed (and I'm sure you already did), I also cleaned up the blog a little, changed the header and the background, just to make it more Fall like.  
 
So, without further ado, let's jump right into our post for today.  I wish you all a very blessed week ahead, may you be blessed, may you receive good news, may you feel rested and happy and healthy.  
 
Sandra

 


♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Still seeing temperatures close to 100.  But, we did have some rain that brought in the green grass again, so that makes me smile.  I know soon it will all go brown again, so I'll just enjoy it for the time being.
 
 
Monday - Sunshine and a few clouds, 94
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 93
Wednesday - Thunderstorms, 90
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 82
Friday - Mostly sunny, 78
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 73  
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 77


♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥

It is still early morning, so it's dark outside, the sun hasn't yet made it's appearance.  Our back porch light is on, and I can see some moths fluttering around by the lamp. 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Still sitting in bed, in the dark, with Elliott sleeping next to me.      


♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

I will talk more about this in an upcoming post, but yesterday I did something that was completely out of my comfort zone.  I was obedient to God, and went where He told me to.  It was scary, but very rewarding, so that is on my mind.
 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥
My lower back is absolutely killing me.  The older I get, the more it bothers me, but I've been to the doctor and everything is fine.  Just takes me a while to get going in the mornings with this stiff back.     


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥
I've just finished my first cup of coffee.  When I start my day, in about an hour, I will have another, and for breakfast I am in the mood for oatmeal, so that is what I'll have.                     
 

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥
Probably a sandwich, I'm not sure.         
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥
Pasta alla Norma, Salad          
 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black maxi dress.        
 

♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥
My Bible.
 
 
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥
Bambaska Biri
Cukur
Homemaking vlogs 


♥♥ On the menu ♥♥

Monday - Pasta alla Norma, Salad   
Tuesday - Baked Fish in Tomato and Onion sauce, Curried rice
Wednesday - Chicken Cacciatore, Orzo, Salad
Thursday -   Spaghetti Bolognese, Garlic Foccaccia
Friday - Chicken Shawarma, Garlic Fries
Saturday - Leftovers, Sandwiches, whatever is on hand
Sunday - Roast Chicken, Potato Onion Bake


♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

I still haven't put out the Fall decorations, so today is the day.     


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥
- House - usual home daily chores
- Kitchen - Prep for the week, make sandwich bread, wash and cut up veggies for freezer, cut up fruit for fridge

 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
This beautiful plant that I have been tending to.  I don't know what kind of plant it is, it was gifted to us by our cousin's husband.  If you know, please tell me it's name.  
 

 

♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
Today I want to share with you, a video from The Bible Project.  I just recently learned about this wonderful website, and have been fascinated by the videos.  It makes understanding the Bible, so much easier.  I thought I would share with you today, this short video on the Tabernacle.  I think you will enjoy it. 
 


10 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry you're still having such warm weather. Hope some of our beautiful fall like temps will be travelling your way. Have a wonderful week my friend.

Stacy said...

I LOVE your new blog design! Bring on the fall haha! I am glad your life has slowed down a little bit! I hope you have a wonderful week. Thank you so much for hosting!!!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

My weather's about the same but nights and early mornings are cooler. That's a good sign Fall coming. Great blog updates.

Luludou said...

Love the new Fall look of your blog. Yay for Fall and cooler temperatures. It is above average this week but towards the end of the week it'll be perfect temperatures

A Runners Mom & More said...

Cooler temps heading my way just in time for perfect training weather!, Happy to hear your 'going with the Flow'...sometime that's the best way to go.

Anna said...

Hello Sandra I haven't posted a HHM since 2019 but decided to give it a try again. I still read your blog all the time though. That plant is rather interesting. You might try "google lens" and see what it ways it is.

Pamela said...

Hello Sandra, I've been reading your blog faithfully and now that I'm retired, I'm back to blogging full-time. However, since my Monday post is not in the HHM format, I haven't linked because I know it's annoying when you have a link party and someone links a post that not related. Just wanted to let you know I'm here and you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers. If you get a chance, I'm still blogging at https://nothyacinthbouquet.blogspot.com.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! I hope it cools down for you soon. This is my absolute favorite month and time of year! Love it too. And I"m so proud of your courage to follow the voice He gave you this weekend. Continued blessings about that. Thank you for sharing the video too. Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Jean said...

Beautiful new blog design! Can't wait to hear more from you in this space, whenever, you are ready :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

Daniela said...

Your plant looks like Begonia or Bauer's tiger.
Have a blessed week!