Monday, October 16, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/16/2023 }

 
Good morning everyone, welcome back.  
 
Come on in out of the cold, and sit a little, with a cup of coffee or tea.  The weather has cooled down, a lot, and mornings we are seeing low 40s, which feels amazing.  I'm very happy to know that we're past the horrid heat.
 
So let's sit a little, gather our thoughts, get ready for the week ahead, and pray for each other.
 
Sandra 
♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 
 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
At the moment it is 42 degrees.  I'm actually feeling chilly, so last night I put on my winter pajamas, for the first time this year.  Something tells me this winter is going to be brutal.  I don't remember feeling or seeing temperatures this low, this early on here in Texas.  
 
Monday - Abundant sunshine, 69  
Tuesday - Sunny, 79 
Wednesday - Sunny, 897 
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 85 
Friday - Sunny, 88 
Saturday - Mostly Sunny, 90 
Sunday - Mostly Sunny, 90
 
 
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥ 
The sun is just starting to rise.  Through the foliage in the trees, i see spots of bright light, it's so pretty. 
 
 
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting on the bed, listening to a video on Youtube from Aline, who is a Brazilian tour guide living in Israel, married to an Israeli.  She is a dual citizen, and as been keeping us updated of the situation.  She has a 1 year old, is 8 months pregnant, and her husband was called to military duty.  
 
 
♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
About the current situation of our world.  I'm not just talking about Israel or what is happening at the moment, but the entire world.  People seem to have lost their minds, there is so much hatred, violence, anger and disrespect towards human life.  It feels like every thing that happens, is an excuse to immediately flock to the streets and cause as much chaos as possible.  
 
We are living in very uncertain times, and it's becoming clearer by the minute, that we need to cling to God, and pray very hard for the spirit of discernment, especially during this time.  
 
 
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Mentally I am exhausted, emotionally I feel broken and saddened, physically thankfully I am ok.  
 
 
♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I had a cup of coffee with Caramel Macchiatto creamer, and 2 pieces of toast from the Artisan Bread I made a few days ago. 
 
 
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
I have been fasting and praying for Israel, since last week, so I'm not eating lunch.  
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Frango Guisado com Espargete (Chicken Spaghetti), Salad 
 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥ 
Still in my pajamas.  I'm wearing grey pajamas with a red Scandinavian design.  
 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible 
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional 
The Tale of Applebeck Orchard by Susan Wittig Albert 
 
 
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥ 
Bambaska Biri 
Dizik Talesi
Hudutz Sevda
Homemaking vlogs 
 
 
♥♥ On the menu ♥♥ 
I'm already starting to crave soups, can't wait for next menu plan, I am going to add in soups and stews.  
 
Monday - Frango Guisado com Espargete (Chicken Spaghetti), Salad
Tuesday - Bacalhau a Ze do Pipo, Broccoli (Portuguese Creamy Cod Fish Bake)
Wednesday - Carne a Portuguesa, Zucchini and Squash Casserole (Pork and fried potatoes)
Thursday - Moroccan Baked Chicken, Rice
Friday - Torta Pizza (Pizza Pie), Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes 
Saturday -  Rissois de Camarao, Arroz de Tomate, Salada (Shrimp Rissoles, tomato rice)
Sunday - Bunny Chow (South African Curry in Bread Bowls)
 
 
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥ 
I am kind of fall cleaning.  Going through and cleaning out and reorganizing the closets and the house.  Today I plan on tackling the entry closet, especially the game shelves which were used during the family reunion, and is currently a mess.  
 
 
♥♥ To Do List ♥♥  
House - Closet, vacuuming, dusting, carpet cleaning 
Kitchen - Dishes, baking bread, restocking pantry
 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥ 
 

 
♥♥ Something to share ♥♥
I haven't shared anything in a while, but I wanted to share with you a channel on Youtube, that I've followed for a while.  It's called Virtual Jerusalem and is run by Dima.  I've always loved Israel and it's been a dream of mine to visit, and hope to do so before I die.  

Dima takes us on virtual walking tours through the beautiful city of Jerusalem, you actually feel like you are there walking among the streets.  

In this video, we walk through the old city of Jerusalem.  I loved this one so much, hope you enjoy it too.


 
 
♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 

Psalm 122

A song of ascents. Of David.

I rejoiced with those who said to me,
    “Let us go to the house of the Lord.”
Our feet are standing
    in your gates, Jerusalem.

Jerusalem is built like a city
    that is closely compacted together.
That is where the tribes go up—
    the tribes of the Lord
to praise the name of the Lord
    according to the statute given to Israel.
There stand the thrones for judgment,
    the thrones of the house of David.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
    “May those who love you be secure.
May there be peace within your walls
    and security within your citadels.”
For the sake of my family and friends,
    I will say, “Peace be within you.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
    I will seek your prosperity.
 


6 comments:

Luludou said...

Thank you for sharing this video. I will watch it. I'm craving soups too and casseroles and crockpot... yay Fall!

Elisha said...

Oh, definitely going to check out the video. Thank you for sharing.

Monique G. said...

Thank you for sharing the video. It does seem like the world has gone crazy. We just have to pray and put our faith in God.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Will check out the video my Friend. Continuing prayers for Israel and for His mercy and love to bring peace and unity and hope. Love that you're getting more Fallish weather - yay! Blessings. xo

Jean said...

Soup weather is definitely here. Plan to check out the video when I have a few minutes. Hope you have a nice week despite all the sadness in the world.

A Runners Mom & More said...

I'm sad for our Country....