Monday, October 09, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/09/2023 }

 
Good morning everyone.It is a cool Fall morning, here in Texas. 
 
The windows and doors are open, letting in fresh air, it feels so good to have lower temperatures, and to be able to feel the cool air in the early morning. 
 
Before we get started, I just want to send out prayers to Israel. Over the weekend, we have seen horrible footage and heard devastating news. My heart has been so heavy not only for the innocent lives lost in Israel but also the innocent lives that will be impacted in Palestine too. 
 
War is never a good thing, it is horrifying and even though we know that casualties are expected, it still hurts our souls.  
 
I hope you all have a peaceful and restful week. Remember how blessed we are to live in this wonderful country. 
 
Sandra 
♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 
 
♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Fall has arrived, thankfully. 80s and 70s. I like that, and if I had to choose perfect temperatures year long, it would probably be these. 
 
Monday - Sunny, 89  
Tuesday - Sunny, 90  
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 89  
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 93  
Friday - Sunny, 76  
Saturday - Sunny, 73  
Sunday - Sunny, 73 
 
 
♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥ 
The sun is out. I love seeing it's rays shining through the tree branches. Honestly, to me, the most beautiful light of the day is early morning. 
 
 
♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting in bed, working on this post and watching TV. 
 
 
♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
As this time of the year comes around, I start shifting into holiday mode, so my mind goes into high gear with lists, gifts, menus, baking and so on. 
 
 
♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥ 
I'm feeling pretty good, although PMsing, so there's that. 
 
 
♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
I had a cup of coffee with Caramel Macchiatto creamer, and 2 pieces of toast from the Artisan Bread I made a few days ago. 
 
 
♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Not sure, might just do grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. 
 
 
♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Chicken Strogonoff, Rice, Beans and Salad 
 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥ 
Still in my nightie. 
 
 
♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible 
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional 
The Tale of Applebeck Orchard by Susan Wittig Albert 
 
 
♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥ 
Bambaska Biri 
Esaret 
Homemaking vlogs 
 
 
♥♥ On the menu ♥♥ 
This week, I need to work on the new menu. I am hoping to start adding in some soups and stews, as the weather gets cooler.  
 
Monday - Chicken Strogonoff, Rice, Beans and Salad
Tuesday - Cod Fish Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday - Shepherd's Pie, Fresh Bread
Thursday - Shrimp Fra Diavolo, Spaghetti Noodles, Salad
Friday - Roast Chicken, Potato Onion Bake  
Saturday -  
Sunday -
 
 
♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥ 
I made some changes in both the living room, dining room and kitchen. I just need to take some pictures, and then I can show you. 
 
 
♥♥ To Do List ♥♥  
 
House - Vacuuming, dusting  
Kitchen - Dishes, baking bread 
 
 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥ 
My favorite time of year. 
 


♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
Today you are called to abandon the purposes of your kingdom and give yourself to the will of a greater King.  Grace makes it possible. - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


7 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dearest Sandra! I'm so happy to hear you're getting nice cool moments there now. I've been sending out lots of prayers and thoughts for Israel. I wish the Lord could touch so many hearts to change hateful violent ways in this world. 🙏 I hope you have a peaceful and wonderful week ahead. xoxo

threesidesofcrazy said...

Enjoy those cooler FALL temperatures and have a GREAT week my friend. I'm already in holiday mode too and planning BLOGMAS for the 2023 season. I just bought a couple gifts on ETSY starting the buy local/mom and pop mode for this season.

Create With Joy said...

Thank you for hosting - enjoy the Fall! :-)

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I changed my living room around a bit as well. It must be the change of seasons that makes us want to change things up in our homes.

Stacy said...

As always, thank you for hosting! I love the picture of the leaf! Ican't wait to see your 'around the house' changes! It is gorgeous outside here too, I love the fall most of all! Your menu looks amazing! Hope you've had a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

Since our Canadian Thanksgiving is done this weekend I want to finish the basement deep-clean and start on the Holidays.. yay

Mila said...

thanks for hosting!