Monday, July 01, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 07/01/2024

 
 
Good morning sweet ladies, and welcome July. ♥
 
Just a few days and we will be celebrating our Independence Day.  Usually I would say, it's going so fast, this year is going so fast, but I must be very honest right now.  I am ok with us rushing through summer because I am over the triple digits already.  It's too hot, too much and I just don't like it, so bring on September and cooler weather, I'm good with that.
 
Anyway, I had a pretty busy weekend and feel like I didn't get much of a break at all, so I'm moving a bit slower this morning, I'm just tired and feel like I could sleep all day.  Of course we won't do that, but the thought is wonderful.
 
Right, let's get on with our first Happy Homemaker Monday of July. 
Have a blessed week my friends!
 
Sandra


 
*** The Weather *** 
As I touched on above, it's extremely hot and we've had constant heat warnings.  I'm so over it, it makes me not want to be outside the house at all.  More of that coming up this week but also seems we may get a little rain which will be blissful. 
 
Monday - Hot, 104
Tuesday - Sunny, 106
Wednesday - Sunny, 104
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 104
Friday- Thunderstorms, 90
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 94
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 97
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Sitting on my bed and working on this post.  On the tv I am watching a video on Youtube that is quite interesting.  It is from a channel I found recently called Cults to Consciousness, they interview all sorts of people who have escaped Cults or difficult situations.  It is very interesting!      
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
This weekend I had more sugar than I am used to, and I have paid dearly for it.  My stomach has been hurting, I've been sluggish and just feeling unwell.  It has once again proven that sugar and carbs are not my friend at all.  So today, I am resetting my body.  
 
I just want you all to know, if you are in the same situation, and watching what you, but have a bad day or a cheat day, don't let that upset you or throw you off completely.  Don't feel guilty, just move on, one bad day is not a bad year.  Get back on track, move on from it.  I used to feel really guilty and beat myself mentally over it.  It did not help.              
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Tired, and just a bit sluggish still from the bad stuff I ate this weekend.   But, determined to get  back on track today.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Cup of coffee with 2% milk, and will have 2 scrambled eggs, 1 piece of whole grain toast. 
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Quinoa and chickpea salad.
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Chicken Enchiladas, Tomato Rice, Salad (cauliflower rice for me) 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Will be working on the new menu today, we will have a 4th of July Barbecue on Thursday
Monday
Chicken Enchiladas, Tomato Rice, Salad (cauliflower rice for me) 
Tuesday 
Cabbage Rolls with Ground Turkey, Greek Salad  
Wednesday 
*Grocery Shopping, new menu kicks in*
Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday


*** What I am wearing *** 
Nightgown at the moment but will put on some shorts and a tank top for the day.    
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Revelations in the Bible
Never by Jessa Hastings - I fell into a bit of a reading slump and this book has broken me out of it.  I'll be sharing more with you because it's such a sweet story, I am loving it.
 
 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Bir Kucuk Gun Isigi
Euro Cup 2024
Copa America 2024

Soccer, soccer and more soccer.  I am in heaven with multiple games a day. 

  
*** Looking around the house *** 
I need to give it a good cleaning today, I was practically out of the house all weekend and didn't get to do anything.  

There are cat and dog toys all over the living room and dining room.  I have laundry in the laundry area that needs to be done, blankets on couches that need folding and pillows that need fluffing.  In other words, a lived in house that needs put back together. 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Blog post for tomorrow (I know, you're probably laughing at me, but I do have a little book haul for my summer reading list, that I really want to share with you)
Bible and Devotional time
Workout
Homemaking
Start meal planning

 
*** From the camera *** 
Just a sneak peek at the new books I got this weekend.  Some from Amazon and some from Booksamillion. 
 

 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses ***
“The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.” Psalm 34:17 (NLT)
 


8 comments:

Adriaantje said...

Beautiful, encouraging text, isn't it, ps 34.
It was very warm here last week for our standards, but now it is a nice temperature.
I hope your body will soon be "reset" and the tiredness will go away,
Have a nice week

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm laughing at how you want summer to be over and I'm just beginning to enjoy it here. If I were there I would also be yearning for September! We've been on vacation and will be until Tuesday, but I'm already dreading all the laundry we're bringing home with us! I hope you have a great week and get some relieving rain.

Luludou said...

Haha, just said something like that on my blogpost... summer is NOT my favorite season. I can't wait for Fall temperatures.
Hope you have a great week.

Schotzy said...

I do not know happens but I cannot ever get my page to come up! I sent a photo from my page but nothing happens no matter what I click on. I give up, sorry. Schotzy!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I hope that you find more energy as your day goes on my Lovely! NOw that I'm back from the trip I have been resetting too and working on and focusing on myself and my health for these months ahead. 🙌🏻 Stay cool and I hope you enjoy these summer days ahead. xoxo

A Runners Mom & More said...

https://arunnersmomandmore.blogspot.com/2024/07/happy-homemaker-monday-7-1-24-new-month.html

Ooops I'm not figuring out how to link...

Elisha said...

https://mamatomykids.blogspot.com/2024/07/happy-homemaker-monday-on-tuesday-7224.html

The new linky popup isn't letting me post my link directly , so here it is. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Katerinas Blog said...

Sometimes I want the summer to pass,
but this year I have set some goals and I don't want it to pass before I conquer them!
I love that after you eat enough sugar over the weekend, you'll make up for it during the week! It is very good that it is recommended to return to our normal diet after a bad food choice!
Have a nice Manth Sandra🧡