Wednesday, September 03, 2008

You have GOT to go make these!

I just filled myself on these amazing coconut pastries that bring back so many wonderful childhood memories.

I got the recipe from a lady friend of ours that we knew back home, she used to make these to sell, and the first time we tasted them I was just 11 or 12 years old and pretty much begged for the recipe.

Over the years I had lost the recipe and I had asked my stepmom on the phone a couple of times about it but she also couldn't remember where it was. When I was back in South Africa in May, I went through all the cookbooks and written recipes and finally found it, I was thrilled.

It's been 10 years since I've had these and oh my gosh, I know I'll be making them all the time.

You just HAVE to go make these for your family tonight, I know you'll come back and thank me afterwards LOL

100_7666

100_7658

12 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I should never read your blog when I'm hungry - these look soooooooooooooooooo good and so bad for my diet!!

heidi @ ggip said...

MmmMM! Sounds good to me!

justjuls said...

How are you NOT fat? I don't get it! You make some of the most mouthwatering desserts.
I am going to make these very soon!

justjuls said...

I never miss your blog - although I don't always comment! I've been a little busy lately!

Michelle said...

I repeat what just jules said .... LOL !!! thanks for sharing will keep these for a fall day..

Mike Golch said...

YUMMY!

Lulu said...

looks so delich...

Lavinia said...

These do look yummy and delicious, but we are having such hot weather that I daren't turn on the stove. My air conditioner is working overtime as it is....however I love anything coconutty so I intend to print off the recipe and get back to you when the weather is a bit cooler...cool enough to bake, LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
I am so glad i found you again. I have been enjoying catching up.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

oh my, I have got to try these!!! They look delicious!

Anonymous said...

(wiping face) Mmmm...

VaQueenBee said...

Wow...these look simply divine! I love coconut and pastries...can't go wrong here!