Thursday, March 12, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

I apologize for posting this so late today, I didn't get much sleep last night and have been sort of, kind of, maybe, just maybe, dragging myself around this morning. I promise next week I'll have it up much sooner.


Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

As always, share your slow cooking recipes but if you REALLY REALLY don't have one and still want to participate, then you can share any kind of recipe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Meatballs In Mushroom Gravy

Simple and delicious...

* 1 pound ground beef (use 98% fat free)
* 4 slices soft white bread
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1 Tbsp. minced onion (why one Tbsp.? - you don't want to over power the meatballs)
* 1 can cream of mushroom soup
* 1/3 cup water

Pull apart bread into small pieces.

Combine ground beef, bread, salt, pepper and minced onion in large bowl. Shape into medium size meatballs. Brown meatballs in hot skillet

Tip: use small amount of oil; make sure the oil is hot, but not smoking.

Turn them occasionally so all sides are brown

Place meatballs in crockpot. Add soup and water.
Cook on low for 6 to 12 hours, or high for 6 hours.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like comfort food. Thanks for hosting!

Keeper of the Home said...

Oh my word...I haven't had breakfast yet and that photo looks so tasty.

Jen said...

This looks so good! Thank you for sharing. I pray you all start feeling better soon! We have all been sick here also. I'm headed back to the couch right now.

Just me~Bobbie Jo said...

I am making someone's recipe from here but I didn't write down who-so I am hoping that someone will read this & go to my blog and let me know! I love orange chicken. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy.. I was thinking of smothered steak tonight but this might work as well.

Angela's Kitchen said...

Yum... I am going to have to figure that out dairy free! I love meatballs like that (they are Swedish Meatballs around these parts).

Thanks for hosting this. I hope you are feeling better soon.

SnoWhite said...

yum. that reminds me of one I used to make with french onion soup... I've been looking for a replacement since I can no longer use that mix due to allergies. this is one i'm bookmarking.

Michelle said...

ohh I look forward to making this..thanks for hosting..

Blessed Beyond said...

Looks very yummy!!
Hugs and Blessings,

Tina Leigh said...

Sandra what kind of bread is that on the plate...looks kinda like beer bread....it all looks really good!

threesidesofcrazy said...

looks yummy as always!

Susanne said...

We haven't had meatballs in forever. Yum!

gail@more than a song said...

That does look like comfort food!

Your lemon tree amazes me! How fun to pop out and pick a whole basket full of them. Your books got mailed this week so hope they get there by next week.

Anonymous said...

The meatballs with mushroom gravy are making me very hungry. I've cut out all sauces and gravies to loose a few pounds!

Sorry for the Pecan Pie post to Mr. Linky. My finger hit the wrong key. Please delete the post.

Melonie said...

Yummmmm.

I think we all have our "days" when blogging is the last thing on the list. No worries! It's been a busy month for you - hope everyone is feeling very well this weekend. :-)

Thanks for hosting such awesome memes - I don't think most folks remember to say that. I know I don't say it enough! But I love participating in them when I am not dragging myself. ;-)

Unknown said...

Yummo!! I think I can smell that it looks so good!!! Thanks

Margie said...

my daughter loves meatballs I think I'm going to make this next week!!

And I just want to say, that you are such a blessing to do this! I love the recipes that I get from your "networking".

P. said...

Ah, meatballs. I like them so much.

Alfazema