Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cooking Thursday - #2 January 13


A little late posting this today, my little one is sick yet again, I swear it feels like he gets a cold every other month.  UGH.  Time to up his vitamin intake.

Anyway, here we go:


2011_01110029

Sausage Alfredo


1 lb maple sausage
mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
oregano
heavy whipping cream
Cooked Fettucine Noodles


In a large skillet, brown the maple sausage and mushrooms in a little bit of butter. Drain. Add the salt and pepper, garlic powder and oregano to taste.

2011_01110025

Add the heavy whipping cream. I usually add about 2 cups as I like a lot of sauce, but just eyeball it. Cook for a few minutes to heat up and for the cream to thicken a bit.

Cook the fettucine noodles according to package directions, when done, drain and add the noodles to the skillet. I usually cook the whole package of noodles, use as many as I want for the meal and then save the rest in the fridge for a quick lunch. My son LOVES noodles with garlic and melted shredded cheese, it's one of his favorite lunches.

I like to sprinkle some parsley on the top and serve. Easy peasy and very tasty.

2011_01110028

No comments: