Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/14/2014

Happy Monday!!!


Here we are again, the beginning of a new week, and to be quite honest I am not ready for it, I feel like my weekend went by too fast and I could definitely use another two days to relax.


Well that is not going to happen, so let's just get on with it....



As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining so brightly this morning that it's actually hurting my eyes.  It looks beautiful out there but it's pretty chilly, it's 35 degrees.  UGH, I'm so ready for warm weather.

Right now I am:::
Enjoying a cup of Gevalia House Blend coffee with some vanilla creamer.  Listening to one of my favorite vloggers in the background and typing up this post. 

Thinking and pondering:::
On the move, my hubby and I have sat down and thought about the pros and cons to buying a house right now versus renting.  Renting is winning at the moment just because we have so many things going on right now, he is finishing his bachelors degree, then switching his major for his masters and he has plans to apply for NASA etc.  We want to be sure that this area is where we will be in the next two years, we also want to get my car payed off etc.  Just a lot of things that we are pondering and thinking about so we can make the best decision for our family. 

On my bedside table:::
My Bible
My Kindle
My Cath Kidston Bluebell Hand Cream

On my tv tonight:::
Monday:
Granite Flats (if I didn't watch it the night before)
Turn
Star Crossed
Tuesday:
The Little Couple
Supernatural
Cosmos
Wednesday:
The 100
Thursday:
Reign
Here comes Honey Boo Boo
Impractical Jokers
Friday:
Hangar 1:  The UFO Files
Ancient Aliens
Saturday:
Ghost Adventures
The Universe
Sunday:
Long Island Medium
Granite Flats

Listening to:::
The wind outside.  It's making the chairs on my deck rock back and forth and the tree brush against the side of the house. 

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Sausage, Potatoes and Green Beans Skillet
Tuesday - Teriyaki Chicken, Steamed Rice
Wednesday - Tacos
Thursday - Crockpot Bean and Bacon Soup
Friday - Crunchy Cheddar Chicken, Fries
Saturday - Niece's Dance Competition, will be in Twin Falls (Oven Chili Dogs for dinner if we are not out all day)
Sunday -  Easter (Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Baked Mac and Cheese, Deviled Eggs, Fruit Cobbler)

On my to do list:::
Laundry, ironing, put away
Bathrooms, bedrooms, living room
Sweep and Vacuum
Homeschooling

Happening this week:::
Monday - Housework, Tae Kwon Do
Tuesday - Housework, blog reviews
Wednesday - Tae Kwon Do
Thursday -  Order the last of Jasmine's birthday gifts
Friday - Dollar Store (plastic eggs, easter candy), Walmart (Ham, potatoes, eggs, bread flour, apricot jam for hot cross buns)
Saturday - Niece's Dance Competition in Twin Falls

What I am creating:::
Working on my second blanket, it's coming along nicely.  Also planning on starting something smaller in crochet, either a mandala or doily or something. 
   
My simple pleasure:::
Reading books about the pioneers

Homemaking tips:::
Keep a planner.  You don't have to go all out like some people and write in every single detail of your day, but it's such a great way to keep your upcoming events in order.  I have a very simple one, nothing fancy, but I keep it with my all the time and I can see what is coming up ahead, I even put in there if I need to start my crockpot the night before a meal etc. 
Just helps to keep things organized with our crazy schedules. 

Looking around the house:::
Needs some tidying up after the weekend.  Nicholas just got up and he's sitting on the couch playing Xbox and snuggling with Lola.  Jasmine is still fast asleep and will be for another 2 or so hours.  I swear the amount of sleeping that child does is just crazy.  I have a kitchen that needs cleaning and some bathrooms in need of a clean too.  Busy day ahead for me. 
  
From the camera:::
My babies

_MG_3278

Prayer List:::
My husband and I, we have put everything in the Lord's hands and will proceed according to His plan. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Have a wonderful week Sandra!

Liz said...

I just love that pictures of your not so little anymore babies!

I understand the struggles of renting vs. home owning. Just take comfort in knowing that God has a plan.

I don't know what I would do without my planner. I would be completely lost.

Mary said...

Sandra, Great photos! I really like your daughter's new hair style. I wanted to ask, two questions, do you have a Portuguese traditional sweet bread, I think it's massa sovada recipe? My daughter would like to make it for Easter, and as I'm new to Happy Homemaker Monday, as well as blogging, do we enter our blog urls once, or are we supposed to enter the link each week? I'd assumed once, but I see other bloggers links that I've seen in the past.

Anonymous said...

If I didn't physically wake her, Emily would sleep 18 hours at a time, no kidding!

Sherry

Dawn Marie said...

I hope you and your husband are able to find what you need as far as a home goes and whether to rent or buy. It's such a huge decision. Hope you have a great week. Love the picture of your children. They are beautiful. Hope your son had a great 11th birthday.

Susanne said...

Applying to NASA, how exciting is that?! Teenagers are amazing in the way they can sleep the mornings away.