Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekend in Review!

Hello my friends :)  I sure hope you're having a wonderful Easter with your family.

I have had a busy, full weekend and I've loved every single second of it, so let me show you what we were up to.

Saturday::::

Got our healthy snacks all ready and in the fridge.  Thankfully I have kids who love veggies with ranch, so I always keep a tray handy so they can snack as they wish.

Healthy Snacks

Stepped outside to enjoy some of the blossoms on the tree.  From a distance, my tree looks like it's filled with cotton balls, it's so pretty.

Spring

Got my Hot Cross Buns baked for Easter.

Hot Cross Buns

My husband grilled some steaks for lunch.  The weather was gorgeous, 77 degrees, and it was the perfect time to fire up the grill.

Grilled Steak for lunch

Dyed some eggs for Easter.

Egg Dyeing

Hubby and I went by one of the Thrift Stores in town, as they were having a big sale.  I can't resist cookbooks, I just can't, so picked these 3 up, and only for a dollar for all.

Thrift Store Cookbooks

Also saw this one and I've been wanting it for a while, so snatched it up.

Simple Abundance

And look.....oh my goodness, who doesn't love the movie Fried Green Tomatoes?  What a classic, so glad I found it.

Thrift Store Find

Sunday::::

Started the morning with a cup of hot coffee, out on the deck.  Enjoyed the birds chirping, and the wind moving the tree branches back and forth.

Beautiful purple blossoms

Prepared a delicious brunch for Easter.  We had Hot Cross Buns, Cinnamon Rolls, Bacon, Sausage, Biscuits and Deviled Eggs.

Easter Brunch

Hung out with some of my favorite people in this world, laughed, chatted, talked about what has been going on the past week and then attempted to take some photos, which always results in things like this.

Crazy Family

Bunch of crazy people, but so much fun to hang out with.

After they left, my husband had to run to the commissary for work, but it didn't take too long thankfully :) 

And now I'm sitting down in the front of the TV with my crochet, and enjoying my Sunday night shows.

Corner to Corner

Signed, Sealed, Delivered just premiered on the Hallmark Channel, so far I'm enjoying it, it's quite a cute concept.

Long Island Medium is next, then Granite Flats, Turn and the new Salem on the WGN channel.  I've always been fascinated with the Salem Witch Trials, so I'm curious about this new show.

All in all, like I said above, we had a great weekend and I hope you did too.  :)

5 comments:

Lulu said...

beautiful pic of you guys...love all the love coming from it..
glad you all had a great Easter..

Unknown said...

Nice and simple yet so fulfilling! You have a beautiful family and life. Thanks for sharing with us :-)

Susanne said...

Love the group pic and the black and white makes it even better! Sounds like a wonderful, and delicious, Easter weekend.

Rachel said...

Love the family picture! So funny! Looks like a fabulous weekend! Hope your week ahead is just as lovely.

Unknown said...

Have you read the book Fried Green Tomatoes? As good as the movie is, the book is even better! It's definitely in my top 5 books of all time. Plus Sipsey's recipes are in the back! The fried green tomatoes are HEAVEN!