Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Simple days and Slouchy Hats!

_MG_6554

Hello friends, come in and sit with me for a little.  You know let's pretend we're outside on the deck, under the umbrella with tall glasses of Iced Tea, shall we?

Have you noticed how the seasons are changing?  I think Fall really is here, at least in my neck of the woods.  I've been enjoying watching the trees changing colors, some are in full Fall transition, others are still as green as can be.

Makes me think of us humans, some are more than ready for Fall and others are holding on tight to the last days of summer.

I have a photo heavy post for you today, I thought I would do a quick review of the past few days, and what I've been busy with around here.

For those of you wondering, Lola is still doing ok, so far so good.  I'm doing ok too, I'm feeling much more relaxed and not so stressed out and worried.  Thank you again for all the prayers.

_MG_6544

Sunday we had a brunch with the family.  It was so delicious, I can't even begin to tell you.  I am a huge breakfast person and could easy eat it every day, for lunch and dinner.

I haven't forgotten about the French Toast Casserole, I just have to edit some photos today and can finally post the recipe on the blog.  I know, I am quite horrible at updating the food blog lately, aren't I?

_MG_6545

Miss Lola likes to be around people, so during the brunch she came to sit between my niece and my sister in law, and within a few minutes, this is what she looked like.  LOL

It was so funny.  She was actually trying to keep her head up straight, and if you can notice she's tilting to the left.  Hahaha

_MG_6550

Before long, my niece was laying on her and she was just in Heaven.

_MG_6555

We enjoyed brunch out on the deck.  It was wonderful eating outside, chatting and all the while watching the changing trees around us.

_MG_6557

_MG_6560

_MG_6567

Monday was a good start to the week.  I don't like very busy days and I think it is one of the reasons why I tend to start feeling overwhelmed.  When I start falling apart, I KNOW that I need to step back and take it easy.

I just don't do well with very busy schedules and chaos.

My to do list from yesterday was completely ticked off, I managed to get everything on there out of the way.

I've been asked before how I do everything and still have time to crochet or read.  I can only tell you that I stick to a routine, albeit not strictly because I do change things up if need be, but for the most part my days are pretty similar.

Mornings I get up early, enjoy my coffee and toast and either see hubby off to classes or work.  I catch up on my Portuguese soaps while I enjoy my breakfast, and then I head upstairs to change out of my pj's and get ready for the day.

The very first thing I do is usually my bed, followed by tidying up the bedroom, then I move onto Nicholas' room and do the same in there.  I open curtains, open windows and then move onto the kitchen.

Unload the dishwasher, reload it, and then get the lessons ready for the day.  By that time I need to start thinking about lunch, and also doing a quick clean of the bathroom and living room before my niece and nephew arrive for schooling.

Our afternoons are spent with school stuff, and by 4:30pm I start getting dinner going.  We usually eat around 5:30pm, the latest 6pm.  Then I do dishes again, clean up the kitchen and depending on the days of the week, I can either go take my shower throw on my pjs and relax for the rest of the night, or we have to get Jasmine off to Tae Kwon Do.

On those days, we don't get back home until 9:15 and then it's time for showers and relaxing.

If you're wondering where crocheting and reading or watching one of my shows fits in, then I'll tell you that I usually will do either of those when the kids are busy with a test, or working on something.  I will stay nearby and watch while I do my own thing.  I also get most of my crochet done at night while watching tv with the hubby.

Hope that answers the questions, and if you do have any others, feel free to ask, I don't mind answering. :)

Beautiful clouds

So yesterday morning began with me enjoying a cup of coffee out on the deck. The sky looked beautiful. I love skies with lots of clouds.

Morning coffee

I also got hubby's lunch ready for him to take to classes.

Hubby's Lunch

The rest of the day went pretty much like I described above.

Now, to show you the slouchy hat. These are so easy to make, I am using Julie's pattern, so go on over and check it out if you want to give it a try.

These are so quick to crochet, I can make one in about an hour, and so far I have made 4 and have a few more to make for me and my sister in law.

I asked the girls to model them for me, and they quickly obliged.

Girls Slouchy

These two beautiful girls make me smile.  I can't believe how grown up they are.

Jasmine Slouchy

Since then, I have made a charcoal colored one for Jasmine, she wanted a black one but I don't have any black yarn so went with the closest to it.  It looks amazing, and I'll have to get her to model that one for me.

Tiffany Slouchy

Tiffany has also requested a green one, and that one is almost finished.  I started it this morning and need just 4 rows to finish it off.  I'm telling you, these are fast.

But I'll show you the others when they're done.  I am hoping to make a grey one like the one above, and a pink one and white for myself.

I wish I could stay and chat more, but I need to get the school stuff ready to go and I haven't had a chance to plan anything yet, as the school site was not loading this morning.

I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday, sending you much love and blessings :)


9 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

Lol Miss Lola looks so adorable.... Just love the slouchy hats, they are adorable on the girls, such good models.... I betcha you could sell them along with your boot cuffs...you so consider it....even your blankets would sell well I believe....I am working on a blanket crocheted for my granddaughter for Xmas....also crafting for on line blog, a Xmas show I am doing Oct 4th, and the shop I sell in regularly, lol...I also plan on making two small quilts for grandsons for Xmas and a small baby quilt for a niece who is due in November.....guess I better get my rear in gear......

I sent you a email....

Have a great evening.... I love reading your blog it makes my day :)...
Hugs
Rhonda

~Carla~ said...

So glad little miss Lola is doing well! :) Such a relief i'm sure! I love those slouchy hats, and your dd and niece do a great job showing them off! Such beautiful girls!! I love your photo heavy posts... I always mean to do the same, but never do. I should make it a point to just 'blog my day' like you do.. I tend to ramble. Like now. hahaha!! ;) xo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I've been meaning to crochet some slouchy hats here too, but I've been so busy with housework, outdoor work, and the garden, that it's not getting done yet. Hopefully soon.

Dawn Marie said...

Your daughter and niece are beautiful "models" and those hats are so cute. I can't believe how much your niece looks like you. She could pass as your daughter. Glad to hear things are now going well for you.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Glad everyone is feeling better sweet Lady!

Your daughter and niece are so beautiful and I LOVE that hat! Your daughter's hair makes me swoon - red hair is the BEST!!
**(married to a red head)

If you don't do an etsy store someday then I think you need to do a give away so I have a chance to get my hands on a mug cozy and that hat!! Lol

Have a good one & God bless. XO

Unknown said...

I have followed your blog for two years now and still love everything about it! Your daughter is quite the beauty.Her red hair is amazing. Thank you for sharing those pictures with us...now where did my crochet needles go:) I now feel inspired

Jill said...

The hats are lovely! Have a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Jill

Debbie said...

I'm glad to hear that Lola is well.

Love the hats!

I also noticed your butter dish. It's beautiful. Where did you get it?

Linds said...

I am catching up again, between hospitals, house etc. I love that hat! I have the yarn, and now the pattern. I think I will makes a few for Christmas presents. Normally I am ahead of myself, but this year has gone pear shaped. Sigh. There is still time though!