Thursday, September 04, 2014

Slow Cooking Thursday - 09/04/2014


cookingthursday

Good morning, hope you are all doing well on this Thursday. I was supposed to have put this post up last night but was so tired that I didn't get around to doing it.

But, here we are....


Slow Cooked Sirloin Steak

Slow Cooked Sirloin
Credit: Taste of Home

1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Dash crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water


In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown beef on both sides. Place onion and green pepper in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce, dill, thyme, pepper and pepper flakes; pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender.

Remove beef and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook about 30 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Return beef to the slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.

5 comments:

Mari said...

Oooh, this looks really good! I bet it would taste good over rice.

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

This looks AMAZING! My slow cooker broke last month and I am desperate to buy a new one.. I am definitely going to try this once I do :)

Unknown said...

Always looking for new crock pot recipes!! Thanks :)

Felicia said...

I love sirloin and this looks amazing. I bet it would work just as well with a deer cut of sirloin or the equivalent of such.

threesidesofcrazy said...

This looks amazing! I guess we both had beef on our minds. I'm a little late and your links are closed but I was going to link up Garlic Butter Steak