Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cooking Thursday - #11 March 24


Yummy Nachos!


Hearty Nachos


Hearty Nachos

1 pound lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 small onion, diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 sliced, jalapeno
Shredded Cheese, I like Cheddar or the Monterey Jack mix
Tortilla Chips
Sour Cream


In a skillet, brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning

On a casserole dish (mine was slightly smaller than a 9x 13 but you can also use a deep pie dish), layer the nachos as follows:

Tortilla chips, about 1 cup of cheese, beef mixture, diced tomatoes, diced onions, jalapenos. Sprinkle more cheese on top, again this is up to you how much depending on what your family likes.

Pop under the broiler until the cheese is nice and melted. Serve with a few dollops of sour cream.


NOTE:  I love that with this recipe, I can make more or less nachos as is needed. I can make a single serving or I can make double or even triple the batch if I have more people coming over.

No comments: