Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Ready for Spring

2011_03020004

I'm ready for Spring but I don't think Spring is ready for us yet.

Nevermind though because I'm determined to make my home more Spring like in any way I can.

2011_03020007

What better way to do that than incorporating my love for flowers and crochet into one?

2011_03020008

I've seen this idea popping up in blogland here and there and thought, THIS is perfect, it's the kind of decoration that I like.

2011_03020009

Simple and sweet.  It screams home to me, it screams color and the anticipation of growth  and it just makes me smile.

The arrangement above is not yet complete, I still have two pink leaves to add to the branch and then I have a few more branches to put together and place around my home.

I don't know, maybe it's corny, maybe it's not something you would do for your own home, but I think it says ME.  What do you think?

If you're interested in trying these for yourself, the leaves are super easy to make, a little confusing at first if you've never crocheted one, but I'm giving you the pattern and if you get confused at ALL, just let me know and I'll definitely help you out.  Trust me, I was confused, I ripped one or two apart and sat there going over the pattern for a while until I figure out what I was doing wrong and when I got it, it was a AHA moment.

Now I could make these in my sleep and when I tell you that I made all those leaves above in 10 minutes would you believe me?


Crochet Leaves

Chain 5

Round 1 - sc in 2nd chain from hook, then hdc in next stitch, then dc in next stitch,  then work 2 hdc in last stitch, ch 2, sc in second ch from hook, then 2 more hdc in last ch.
Work now on the opposite side of your foundation chain: dc in next, hdc in next, sc in last st. Fasten off.

No comments: