Monday, March 28, 2011

Weight Watchers Review

2011_03100003

As a woman, one of the things I most struggle with since I turned 30, is my weight.  It's a roller coaster of a ride, it yo yo's up and down and it's become increasingly harder to drop the extra pounds as I get older.

I'm not one for diets, truthfully I actually avoid them and the main reason being that I love food, I can't live without food, I don't like being told that I am not allowed to indulge or enjoy something delicious.  My body has a way of rebelling and the minute it hears the words DIET, it literally goes into overload and that is when I'll find myself raiding the fridge at 12am.  Not a good thing.

One thing I try to do is eat in moderation but I refuse to give up good food, it's just a NO NO.

I was recently contacted by the folks at Weight Watchers and asked if I would be interested in trying some of their Frozen meals.  Of course, I agreed but I wasn't really sure if I would enjoy the meals, I mean I'm a cook from scratch kinda gal and frozen meals do no enter my home, the most I'll get is a frozen pizza for a quick lunch, but then I have to add in some salad or veggies to balance it out.

Within a few days I had received a big box chock full of Weight Watcher meals, the kids and I opened it up and we all went "Oooohhh now that looks good".

2011_03100005

We tried it, yes I said WE because the kiddos wanted to try it as well and the best thing about it is that we ALL loved it, including my hubby who then took one or two to work for lunch.

I think what I most enjoyed about these meals is that they tasted homemade but they weren't fattening and I can totally see myself enjoying more in the future for those days when a quick healthy lunch is in order.

Nicholas of course chose the Three Cheese Mac and Cheese, this kid LOVES Mac and Cheese and he gave it a thumbs up.  I tried a little and it was a little bland for me, but it may be because I'm not really a fan of Mac and Cheese, it was good though when I added just a little pinch of salt :)

2011_03100006

Jasmine asked for the Baked Ziti and THAT was really good. 

2011_03100007

We all had some of the Rainbow Pasta Salad and the Potato Salad and again, both very good.

2011_03100008

I opted for the Chili con Carne with Beans, it was pretty tasty.  Of course I had to dip in some corn chips but what can I say, I'm bad like that.  LOL

2011_03100010

So yeah, definitely thumbs up from us all.  I think what most strikes me is that frozen meals have come such a long way from the old days of bland, tasteless, bad for you food. 

If you're currently doing Weight Watchers, have you tried their meals?  What do you think? 

Disclaimer:  Weight Watchers sent me a box of their products for review.  I was in no way, shape, or form, compensated financially and all opinions are mine alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THIS REVIEW HELP ME DECIDE TO GO FOR IT !!!