Friday, January 03, 2014

Cold and cloudy Friday morning!

January 3rd, 2014

Good morning my sweet friends, how are you all doing today?

I know a lot of you on the East coast are dealing with some very nasty weather, I've been thinking about you and praying that you're all safe and sound and keeping warm.....well, as warm as you can get.

January 3rd, 2014

It's a cold and cloudy day here in Idaho, we're expecting some rain, some ice pellets and some snow too.  Guess a little bit of everything huh?

Since I got all my errands done yesterday and all the bills paid, today is dedicated to just plain ol' housework and homeschooling.

I have the lessons all ready for the kiddos, and I've also started my laundry which seems to multiply as I empty the basket.  Will have to iron later this afternoon.

Since I don't already have so many crochet projects in the works, I've decided to jump in on another.  Oh boy!  I just couldn't help it, I saw a post from one of my favorite blogs Le Monde de Sucrette, and she was talking about a big Crochet Mood Blanket that a bunch of bloggers are doing.  I immediately jumped in and joined the Facebook page.

I'm a little behind, so I plan on going with simple smaller squares and making at least 3 today.

Here are my color inspirations for my mood blanket.

The start of a new crochet blanket

So excited about this one. If you want to find out more about it, make sure to check out mummy-stacey on Instagram. The main idea is this:

mummy_stacey on Instagram had the great idea to make a blanket consisting of a square-a-day (or week) and using different colours to reflect your mood! Will you do 365 or 52 squares?

So you can either crochet a square a day, or a square a week. Not too bad right?

Since today is a slow day around the house, I am sure I can get started on the squares and take them along with me as I move from room to room, or while the kids are doing their school work.

With this weather, everyone seems to be snuggling on couches with blankets and trying to stay warm.....even the puggies.

Miss Lola relaxing on the bed

Miss Bella enjoying the fire

Miss Lola prefers my bed to snuggle and relax, while Miss Bella is more into the fire thing, so much so that the other day she was so cold she got closer and closer and ended up a little too close and burning herself.  Silly pug.

Well, I have laundry needing to be switched from washer to dryer so I need to get that done.

Hope your Friday is a good one :)



For lunch I have a lot of salad leftover from last night, so I'm going to cook up some chicken nuggets, cut them up and throw them in.  I'll make a quick honey mustard dressing for it and call it good.

Dinner will be a simple Beef Stroganoff served over rice.



Death comes to Pemberley
Sleepy Hollow



Laundry - washing, ironing, putting away
Homeschooling - 4 kiddos that need to be up to date and ready for the end of the first semester
Crochet - 3 squares to make today

10 comments:

Lulu said...

i so love your puggs..they are so adorable..

Anonymous said...

the weather is dreadful here in Central NY with negative windchills. I was wondering if you could give me some tips, points, and suggestions at crocheting. I would like to learn how but have been very frustrated in my attempts to do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Have a blessed Friday!

Liz said...

I'm trying the mood blanket challenge myself, since I saw you post the link on facebook. Hopefully I'll be able to stick with it. I get side tracked easily. I'm glad you all appear to be staying warm. The pugs look nice and cozy. Hahaha!

Debby said...

Those sweet pugs would have me wanting to snuggle up with them all day!! It was 9 degrees with the wind chill here today, way to cold for the south!!!! Look forward to following along on your new blanket I know it will be lovely

Sarah said...

Love your new hairdo! BTW. :-)

Your miss Lola is so cute :-)

I'm working hard on my cooking inspiration right now, so I'll be reading your recipes with interest.

Hugs x

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would like to do the mood blanket challenge too, but time is my challenge, especially when school starts again next week. You do inspire me to crochet more, so maybe I will do some of that tonight while watching a movie. Stay warm there in Idaho!

Conny said...

What fun projects you always are doing!! :)
As always, enjoy all the pics. We are on our last day of vacation - the daily grind begins for us again on Monday - but I am ready! :)

Sandrocas said...

Sandra, what an inspiring post! I'm done with food,lol. No, just kidding, I'm just done with the excess and overindulgences the holiday season brings. Very thankful for the meal plan, what great suggestions! You always make me feel nostalgic, with the Portuguese recipes. BTW, you are looking fantastic, I hope your feeling better too! bjs, Sandra

Unknown said...

Oh I love this mood blanket idea! I will try to keep up with it and do a 52 square one! You always amaze me with everything that you accomplish!

Mary said...

The look on Miss Bella's face just about is breaking my heart, poor dear thing. She needs a good cuddle.

Here in Massachusetts were freezing, the promised milder temps today haven't amounted to much, even in the house all I want to do is cover up with blankets.