Monday, January 20, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/20/2014

Good morning my sweet friends.  I do hope this post finds you well rested and ready for the week ahead.

I was going to change the HHM picture, just to make a fresh one for this year, but didn't get around to it, will hopefully get it done sometime this week so next Monday we can start with a new graphic :)

First, apologies for not having come around to visit your HHM entries last week, I kept putting it off because of other things and by the time I remembered it was already Sunday night.  Will keep up with the entries today though, so I'll be swinging by......hope you have some hot coffee brewing because it's cold cold cold out there :)



As I look outside my window:::
At the moment we are sitting at 26 degrees and just like yesterday morning, everything is white out there.  Not snow, but freezing ice.  The trees look stunning with their white branches, the grass looks like someone spilled a can of white paint all over the fields.   Just beautiful.

Monday 20, 2014


Right now I am:::
As always, still sitting in bed nice and comfy.  Wearing my cute pjs, white with pretty pink flowers.  I'm composing this post and also doing a mental list of what I have to get done today. 

Thinking and pondering:::
On life.  On what I'm doing today, on what I have to do this week, on family, friends etc.  Lots going on in my mind. 

On my bedside table:::
My Kindle, my Bible and my cup of coffee.
Not currently reading anything, though I do have a lot of good books waiting to be read.

On my tv tonight:::
I'm sure hubby and I will watch some more Heroes, we're already on Season 3 and almost done with it.
Will be watching the new episode of Mr. Selfride, Call the Midwife and The Musketeers as I do my laundry.
Also need to catch up on Being Human and the new The Following.
Goodness, I need more hours in the day LOL
We've been binge watching Heroes, love it.

Listening to:::
K-Love on the radio.  Have to listen online because they are not available here in my area, bummer. 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Asian Beef Wraps
Tuesday - Chicken and Sausage Ragu
Wednesday -Roast Pork Ribs, Potato Casserole
Thursday - Chicken Pot Pie
Friday - Chili Dogs, Fries
Saturday - Pizza
Sunday - Soup, Sandwiches

On my to do list:::
Laundry - Wash, Dry, Iron, Put away
Homeschooling
Get all my papers in order to do our taxes
Continue trying to get our money for the items that were broken during our military move

Plans for this week:::
Monday - Book Review, Dancing, Tae Kwon Do
Tuesday - Dancing
Wednesday - Dancing, Tae Kwon Do
Thursday - Dancing, Tae Kwon Do
Friday - Book Review

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Working on my Crochet Mood Blanket
 
My simple pleasure:::

Watching Period Dramas  

Lesson learned the past week:::
That my place is not to figure out how others think or react to things.  My role is to merely support where I can, encourage, give advice if I can and then put it in THEIR hands and let them take it from there.  Saves me a whole world of grief. 

Looking around the house:::
Need to do some house cleaning today, tidy up here and there.   It looks kind of dark in here today because of the dark skies and the fog, so I have a few candles burning. 

From the camera:::
_MG_1359

Prayer List:::
My husband who has a job interview this afternoon.
My brother who is still on the search for a job.
My friend Jen who has been so sick, praying for her to feel better.
My niece who is starting dance competitions this week, next week she'll actually be performing half time at the Idaho Stampede during the Los Angeles D-fenders vs  Idaho Stampede game.  Can't wait to watch :)

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3 NIV

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

8 comments:

Heather Ortega said...

Gosh it looks cold where you live now. Love you Cath Kidston bag.

Hope you have a great week

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sandra,
Have joined in with Happy Homemaker Monday today. Have a great week! Hugs from Arizona!

Anonymous said...

continued good luck on the job front.

Debbie said...

Your blanket is coming along beautifully! One day I will teach myself to crochet.

Have a wonderful week Sandra. :)

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Better late than never for my Happy Homemaker Monday!!!

I am so jealous of you watching the BBC series early! I should be okay now that Downton Abbey is on PBS and the others will follow soon after:)

Have a great week!

Jen said...

I am feeling much better. Thank you for the prayers. Hopefully next week I will be able to get back to my blog.

I'm still praying for your hubby to find a job. Hope the interview went well for him.

We had homemade pizza today. It looks like pizza is on a lot of the menus this week.

Susanne said...

Yum, trying that chicken and sausage ragu. Sounds really delicious. It got me at cream cheese, for sure. :)

Praying your hubby's interview goes well.

Krista said...

Just stopping by to say Hello! I've followed your blog since 2008 but I've not really been around much in the last 6 months. I knew you were thinking about moving back home but today I had to come see if you had! I went back through your last year and found where you've moved back to Idaho. I know you are happy and at peace. I pray that you continue to do well. My husband is a minister and I've always said someday we'd end up working in a church in Idaho. People have always asked me why Idaho, and my answer is always the same "because I can't think of a place further away from home". My home is the south but from your pictures I could make Idaho my home!