Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/27/2014





As I look outside my window:::
22 degrees at the moment, cold, grey, foggy....AGAIN!  I have to say that as much as I love Idaho, I'm actually starting to feel quite claustrophobic.  It's been foggy for 2 weeks, I haven't seen the beautiful mountains in the distance in what seems like forever.  I'm starting to miss Arizona at this point LOL 

Right now I am:::
In my bedroom.  Just finished making the boys breakfast and the hubby and I some coffee.  Now I'm typing up this post and preparing for the day ahead.  mental list of what I have to get done today. 

Thinking and pondering:::
On a lot of things.  Mainly the lessons that I'm supposed to be learning right now, on being thankful even through the hard days and on accepting that this is the path I'm supposed to be on for the moment. 
 
On my bedside table:::
Playing St. Barbara, a book for a review.
On my Kindle I'm reading Love by the Letter by Melissa Jagears
 
On my tv tonight:::
Hubby and I are but a few episodes away from finishing Heroes.
Next we'll be watching Sleepy Hollow.
I also have Call the Midwife and Musketeers to catch up on today.

Listening to:::
Mix 106 Radio 

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Steaks with Pepper Sauce and Scalloped Potatoes
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes and Fries
Wednesday - Amish Chicken Pot Pie
Thursday - Four Cheese Spaghetti, Olive Garden Bread sticks 
Friday - Chili Dogs, Salads
Saturday - Boise Stampede Game
Sunday - Zuppa Toscana, Sandwiches

On my to do list:::
Iron and put away laundry
Homeschooling with the boys, girls have done all their work for today and tomorrow, so they have 2 days off.
Bake Bread

Plans for this week:::
Monday - Dancing, Tae Kwon Do
Tuesday - Dancing
Wednesday - Dancing, Tae Kwon Do
Thursday - Dancing, Tae Kwon Do
Friday - Grocery shopping, finishing off Tax Return

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Working on my Crochet Mood Blanket
 
My simple pleasure:::

Snuggling in bed with Miss Lola  

Lesson learned the past week::: 
It's been an onslaught of lessons for us.  Some I see clearly, others I don't, and quite honestly right now we're in the middle of some huge tests and lessons that don't make a lick of sense to me.  I am just trusting in the Lord and knowing that we are supposed to be learning something big here.

Looking around the house:::
The house is dark and quiet, I think the weather makes it look so dreary.  I am thinking it's a candle lit, fresh bread and soup for lunch kind of day. 

From the camera:::


Kitchen window
 

Prayer List:::
My husband has another job interview on Wednesday and it would be a great job if he got it.
My brother went for an interview on Friday morning, hoping to get a phone call for him this week.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:12-13 NIV

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sandra, you seem to be struggling so lately, but please know what an inspiration you are to us! Your blog has helped me in so many ways...with faith, being a sahm, recipes, cleaning. I can't thank you enough! I will pray for you and keep up your good work. God Bless you!

Conny said...

will be praying for you as I think of it. KEEP TRUSTING even though you can't see it ... GOD is working on your behalf RIGHT NOW!!!! :)
I remember those days/weeks/months of not understanding God's plan, wondering why it had to be so seemingly hard - and even now, it still isn't completely what I expected, but GOD PROVIDED every need and continues to do so!!
Hope the job interviews are fruitful!

Jen said...

Mister Linky's Magica Widget does not like my blog. I can never leave a link.

I am praying for your husband to find the job that God has for him.

I am SO ready for spring. The snow is no longer pretty to me. Hahaha

Blissful & Domestic said...

Those lessons we have to go through, where we don't understand them at the time are the hardest. I'll be praying for you and I empathize with you. Those are the hardest trials to go through.

Liz said...

I admire you and all the kids for their hard work doing homeschooling. I really wish it was something I was able to do. I don't think I have enough patience at this point in their education. I can teach a lot of things, but I most definitely do not have the patience for teaching young kids to read. Once they get reading, I can probably handle it from there. Hahaha!

Your menu for the week looks delicious. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Miss Ruthie Aileen said...

I loved being homeschool and getting my work done early

Krista said...

I remembered to participate!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I am so sorry things have been rough for your family. Surely things will have to turn around soon. Have a great week.