Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week in Review!

_MG_1359

One word......busy!

As always right?

How has your week been?  And what is up with it being Sunday already?  I feel like I haven't had a chance to relax at all and we're already on Sunday afternoon and gearing up for another busy week ahead.

Goodness.

Anyway, here is just a look at a few of the things I was busy with.

_MG_1353

Managed to keep up with the Crochet Mood Blanket, it helps that I'm only making a square a night and usually do it right before going to bed, while I'm talking to the hubby or watching a show on tv.

_MG_1374

Had a field trip for the high school on Friday, at the Anne Frank Memorial.  Wonderful place to visit and very educational.

_MG_1376

Life size statue of Anne Frank.

_MG_1387


_MG_1388

_MG_1399

We've also had some freezing temperatures here which make it so cold to go outside, but beautiful nonetheless.

_MG_1421

_MG_1424

There's also been homeschooling, portfolios, tests, dancing and tae kwon do, bills and house cleaning, job hunting and book reading and cooking and laughing and chatting.

It's a very busy and full life at the moment, not a spare second to waste, but rewarding. 

There are certain moments that I do feel like I can't catch my breath, like everything is coming at me at once and I can't quite keep my head above water.....but it's also in those moments that I find my strength and my faith in God.

I've learned so very much the past few months since leaving the military.  Some good things, some bad things, some unexpected things but all lessons that continue to teach me and mold me as I go on from day to day.

And for that, I'm thankful and blessed!

4 comments:

Hazels Crochet said...

Your mood blanket is coming along lovely!

Sounds like such a great trip, I have read The Diary of Anne Frank several time since I was a teen. I find it amazing that her father survived and published her writing for all to see!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the mood blanket. The Anne Frank memorial looks like a very education place to visit. I have read and taught her Diary of a Young Girl. So glad you are feeling blessed and grateful for all the lessons of the past months. Your blog is always an inspiration to me!

Unknown said...

He reveals His strength in our weakness! And Amen for weekends that go by too quickly!

Anna said...

love the picture of the river. it looks so peaceful.