Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cold dreary Wednesday!

_MG_7442

Good morning my sweet friends, come on in out of the cold and sit with me a bit.  I just finished having some breakfast, well, actually I had a big cup of coffee at 6:30 am when I got up with hubby, but it's now just going on 9:20am and I was hungry so I had a cup of hot tea and two pieces of toast with butter and apple butter.  Yummy!

So yes, it's a bit of a cold and dreary Wednesday, when I say the temperatures have dropped, I mean they have significantly dropped, our highest yesterday was 56 degrees and today it's quite chilly.

I do love the cold weather so I can throw on comfy clothes.  For today, I am wearing some black leggings, but the ones with the fleece on the inside, oh my word they are so comfy and so warm.  I also have knee high socks and my fleecy slippers, plus one of Curt's long sleeved baggy shirts.  I am ready for the day!!!

_MG_7443

Yesterday we got a ton of rain and you know how much I love that.

_MG_7484

Just look at those big drops on the window? I am so chuffed with this picture, you can kind of see the reflection of the grass and the deck on each drop. So pretty!

So yeah, I stepped outside, of course, and had to snap some pics of the rain.

_MG_7461

_MG_7466

_MG_7467

I am so often amazed and reminded of the beauty of God. It is in everything we see and everything that surrounds us, I just wish we would remember to soak it in every chance we get.

Coming back inside, I had a few candles going and I wanted to do some baking but then ended up not getting around to it. I am really hoping to be able to do that sometime today?

You know time just flies so quick, and I find that lately all these plans and schedules and things I want to get done, don't always get completed. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

_MG_7455

I plopped myself on this chair for about 30 minutes to get lessons planned. The boys have been busy learning how to write essays which was never one of my favorite things to do in school either, so it's quite a task sometimes to get them to focus and work on their essays. We'll see how it goes today, they both need to do an essay on Alexander the Great. Oh goodness!!!

_MG_7456

Between the usual housework and laundry and kids and such, the day just flew by. I did manage to get back out with my camera and capture some more Autumn through my lens.

I know some of you may get sick of these pictures, but since this is my online journal, I just love flooding it with photos of my day, it's such a pleasure when I get to go back and look through previous years and see what has stayed the same and what has changed.

_MG_7450

This tree sits right outside my kitchen window, it's the one I had told you that was turning a beautiful shade of red? Well I went out there right after it stopped raining and took some photos because the drops that were left on the leaves were shining in the sunlight and they actually looked like diamonds. So pretty.

_MG_7471

I don't think the photos do it justice though.

_MG_7476

_MG_7480

The leaves almost look like leather don't they?

_MG_7453

These guys were happily fluttering around, enjoying the cool weather.

_MG_7488

_MG_7490

_MG_7499

_MG_7503

Just absolutely breathtaking, in my opinion. 

I was supposed to have caught up on some shows yesterday but that was also one of the things that ended up not happening, just didn't have time to do it.  Maybe today. 

Ohhh last night I finally figured out how to arm knit.  I made my daughter a scarf in about 30 minutes, it's a super chunky infinity scarf, and she was just so chuffed with it.  I plan on making more today.

I am going to take some photos though to show you, because I think this is such a neat trick to do, and so easy when you get the hang of it.  I'm thinking with Christmas coming up so soon, these will make awesome gifts.

Just let me know if you want me to show you how to do it, or if you just want to see the finished product.  If you want to learn how to arm knit, I can try my best to do a step by step post to teach you, so yeah, just let me know in the comments :)

Right, I better get on with it, I have laundry waiting to be switched from the washer to the dryer, and I have a few more loads to go in.  Here's what I'm doing the rest of the day:

Laundry
Sweep floors
Dust
Lesson planning
Homeschooling
Pay bills
Water plants
Work on next arm knit scarf, take photos
Work on reviews for the blog

Lunch will be leftovers for the kids, we went out to dinner last night which we hadn't done in so long, and the kids brought home about half of their meals.  I will probably have some soup and a yogurt.
For dinner, I'm making the Octopus Rice and a Salad.

Blessings,
Sandra
xoxoxoxo

9 comments:

~Nancy~ said...

I would love to see how you made the scarf!!

Unknown said...

I too would love to see a step by step tutorial of arm knitting...honestly I'm new to crocheting and have never heard of arm knitting, so this sounds exciting. As far as being tired of seeing your fall pictures, I LOVE seeing what its like in your neck of the woods. I am in Oregon and it is beautiful here as well. So I would say continue to blog/take pictures in your blog journal, so that years to come you can look back and reflect. Have a wonder week and God Bless you and your family!

Unknown said...

I love seeing all of your photos and I would love to see your arm knitting I just googled it to see what it was oh it looks so neat.....I just taught myself how to crochet fingerless gloves they aren't fancy but easy, now I need to find a easy tutorial for crocheting boot cuffs....I have tried to knit but just don't have the patiences.....
Hugs
Rhonda

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Arm knit tutorial please! ;)

I love when you share pictures of your day. I feel like you're talking right to me and I relate so well with your mom "stuff" and homemaking. So thanks, as always, for sharing!

I tried to start a blog recently and having a heck of a time figuring out what I'm doing. Can you share any tips?

Thanks and God bless lovely Lady.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your photos are lovely as usual. So full of color and life.

Arm knitting sounds interesting to me.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Mari said...

I don't think anyone gets sick of your pictures. I loved these!
Sounds like you got a lot done today.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love all the pretty fall colors! And call me weird, but I love the dreary cold days!

Anonymous said...

Sandra, your blog is very fall like. We here in Central NY are on the edge of a persistent nor'easter off the coast of Maine so we haven't seen the sun in a while! I love fall, but the sunshine makes the leaves oh so more beautiful! We have had the wood stove going in the kitchen for over a week now and it is delightful to sit in front of as I blog or read or just to cuddle up to get warm after a long day working!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra, your pictures don't bore us at all! They are beautiful!
Yes! Tutorial please! I'd like to learn how to arm knit too! I'm already making some of my Christmas gifts. I posted some on my blog this week.
Have a Blessed weekend.
Beijinhos de Portugal
Lucy