Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/27/2014

Good morning everyone, how was your weekend?

Again it seemed to have zipped right on by at a million miles per second.  Then again, the weeks seem to be doing the same and before we know it, we'll be at Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet.

So for today's Happy Homemaker Monday, I am switching a few of the categories up and adding a few old ones back in.  The fun thing about this feature is that you can switch it up with any of the previous or current categories, so long as you follow my structure and don't come up with your own, because then it really wouldn't be my blog's HHM anymore, would it?  LOL

Right, so if you want ideas on previous categories, you can do a search through the old HHM posts here on my blog and switch it up as you please :)

Let's get going shall we?


The weather outside is::::
Cold, it is 33 degrees at the moment, there is frost everywhere and the high for today is 54.   Looks like that is the high for the rest of the week with some thunderstorms thrown in. 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just coffee at the moment, I'll see what I feel like later, but it will either be toast or oatmeal.


As I look outside my window:::
The sun is shining but there is frost everywhere so it looks like everything is twinkling, very pretty.


Right now I am::::
Working on this blog post, watching hubby get ready for school and chatting with my Nicholas who just got up.


As I look around the house::::
It looks very Fallish, I am loving all the decorations and especially the pumpkins in the corner.  I will have to take a photo for you today.


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....have some clothes and a load of quilts and sheets to do.
Cleaning....In the kitchen, I have dishes in the sink, have to unload the dishwasher and reload it.  Give the counters a good wipe down, update the chalkboard menu for this week and sweep and mop.
In the living room....need to vacuum and clean the couches, vacuum the rug, sweep and mop, dust and tidy up everything.
In the bedrooms....make the beds, pick up and tidy up, open curtains and blinds and windows to let in some fresh air.
In the bathrooms....clean the toilets and showers/tub.  Sweep and mop.
Homeschooling....prepare the lessons, check grades and help Jasmine catch up on Spanish.
Crocheting....need to finish my niece's blanket.  Work on my newest project.
Cooking.....for lunch we are having Clam Chowder.  For dinner we are having Pork Chops, Mashed potatoes and green beans.

Currently reading::::
Still reading my Diana Gabaldon Outlander series.


On the TV today::::
Yesterday's Downton Abbey.  I am also going to try to start watching Wentworth, I've heard it is really good and I'm curious about the show.  I think it is an Australian series actually.


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Pork Chops, Mashed potatoes, Green beans
Tuesday - Lemon pepper fish fillets, Tomato rice and Mixed veggies
Wednesday - Chicken and Leek Pie, Homemade Fries and Zucchini Squash Casserole
Thursday - Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork, Rice
Friday - Homemade Potato Gnocchi Bolognese
Saturday - *Grocery Shopping*

What I am creating at the moment::::
Working on getting a tutorial ready for the arm knitting.  Working on some crochet projects.


New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Last week I tried the Pepperoni Garlic Knots and also a Copykat Wendy's Chili recipe.  Both will go up today on the blog.

Favorite photo from the camera::::

_MG_7651


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! cleaning toilets. The life of a mom! Pepperoni garlic knots sounds wonderful on these chilly fall nights. Care to share the recipe?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I posted early, so I am missing a few on my post, but joining today.

Debbie said...

Mmm, chicken and leek pie sounds delicious! Have a great week Sandra.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Brrr...your weather sounds like mine! New show sounds interesting; I will check it out!

Have a good week!

Conny said...

I miss joining in on HHM ... but still love stopping by to check in on you all!!
Loving my new job and adjusting our lives fairly well. THANK THE LORD!! :)