Monday, October 20, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/20/2014

Good morning friends, how are you all doing today?

It's quite early here, but hubby and I have been up on and off the whole night as Miss Bella is not feeling very well. I just wish that it was Saturday morning and not Monday morning already. This weekend especially seems to have just zipped right on by.

Right, I have my cup of coffee and menu plan on hand, so let's get right on with our HHM for today.


Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
For now just a cup of coffee to wake up. Here in about an hour I will have some oatmeal with some berries

Looking around the house::::
It is dark save for a few candles here and there. My house is actually clean and tidy and aside from dishes in the sink that need to be put in the washer, I don't have much to do.

On today's to do list::::

Laundry.....Have a load of towels in the washer right now, then need to switch those to the dryer and start a load of doggie blankets. Everything else was done this weekend.

Cleaning.....In the kitchen, I need to unload the dishwasher and load the dishes in the sink. Also need to sweep and mop the floors. In the living room, just need to vacuum the rug because the dogs are still shedding (ugh), also want to sweep and mop the wood floors. In the bedrooms I have to make the beds and tidy up a bit, also need to vacuum and carpet clean my bedroom. I did Jasmine's and Nic's yesterday. In the bathrooms, need to wash the tub in the upstairs bathroom and the toilets in both upstairs and downstairs.

Homeschooling.....prepare today's lessons. Look over the girl's lessons and see how they are doing. My Jasmine is going for her PSAT on Wednesday so we'll be doing a little preparing for that. Please tell me how in the heck I am sitting here waiting to take my little baby girl for her PSAT? Wasn't she just running around the other day preparing for Kindergarten?

Crocheting.....Made myself a slouchy hat and some ear warmers. Have another 3 ear warmers to make for my daughter, niece and sister in law. Also need to work on some boot cuffs and some infinity scarves for my niece and sister in law, for Christmas. Started another slouchy hat for me using up my leftover pink soft yarn that I used last year for my infinity scarf. I'll take a picture today and show you.

Cooking....Lunch will be Soup and sandwiches. Dinner is Chicken with Carrots and Tomato Sauce, rice and Salad.

Currently reading::::
The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. Finished the first book and have started the second.

On the TV today::::
-- Portuguese Soaps - Mulheres, Mar Salgado
-- Haven from last week
-- Downton Abbey from yesterday
-- Youtube Vlogs

The weather outside is::::
Not as chilly this morning, it is currently 55 degrees and the highest today will be 79, so definitely cooling down a lot. Also supposed to get some showers this week which I am always looking forward to.

On the menu this week::::

Monday
Chicken with Carrots and Tomato Sauce, Rice and Salad

Tuesday
Arroz de Polvo (Octopus Rice), Mixed Veggies

Wednesday
Wendy's Copykat Chili

Thursday
Gnocchi Bolognese

Friday
Homemade Hawaiian Pizza

Saturday
Lemon Pepper Fish Fillets, Tomato Rice, Steamed Broccoli

Sunday
Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Work on some crochet projects

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Last week I tried a Pepperoni Pull Apart Garlic Knots, I will share the recipe sometime today on my food blog.

One of my simple pleasures::::
Watching mommy vloggers on Youtube

Favorite photo from the camera::::


Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
I really enjoy the blog A Little Bit Country :) 

Praying for::::
Family and friends

Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:6-8

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

10 comments:

Jen said...

I love garlic knots!! We are seeing cold temperatures here! It was 31 degrees this morning. Brr!

I pray you have a good week!

Conny said...

While I am not going to be a homemaker any longer as of this week (got a job offer!!), I still plan to come by and read your HHM and blog!! :) Also, will probably link up as I can ... may be later in the days. I really enjoy it!

Love your menu plan. Curious about octopus rice!!??!! :)

Debbie said...

Your menu sounds lovely! Hope you have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Sandra ~ I am finally back on line after a bit of a blog break ~ happy to be dropping in for a visit once again. I am sure hoping to have enough time to join you for HHM later this afternoon or maybe this evening. Have a happy week and hope your family is soon healthy once again!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Oh those Mommy Vloggers are great! I can amuse myself all day watching them. Recently learned about Intelevator on You Tube...sooo funny!

I hope you have a good week! Love Happy Homemaker Monday...gets my week started off right:)

Liz said...

You know, I've never even thought about mommy vloggers on youtube! What a great idea! I may have to find a few myself.

I'm quite curious about your octopus rice. I'd love to get a peek at that recipe, for sure. As always your recipe looks delicious.

Hopefully things are getting better for you, but I'm continuing my prayers for you and your family.

Have a wonderful week!

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that you have a good week and that everything goes well. xx

El blog de Celes :) said...

Stopped by to wish you a great week :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra,
Haven't participated in a while, been very busy lately. Already preparing gifts for Christmas. I know it may be weird, but I like to do things ahead of time.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Have a good week.
Lucy

Miss Ruthie Aileen said...

Praying for Jasmine as she takes her PSAT. I remember taking that test. It was a long day! I am sure she will do fine. She has had a great teacher!
Your photos are wonderful as usual. I always enjoy reading your blog! Have a blessed week!