Thursday, October 02, 2014

Cooking Thursday - 10/02/2014


Good afternoon everyone, I'm sorry this is going up so late, I've been very busy this morning running errands and trying to get an appointment booked on base.

I am sharing a recipe that is not slow cooked today, but that is ok right?




Gingerbread

Laura Ingalls Wilder's Gingerbread

Mix together:
1 C. brown sugar
½ C. shortening
1 C. molasses

Add:
2 t. baking soda that has been dissolved in
1 C. boiling water

Sift together then add:
3 C. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1 t. cloves
1 t. nutmeg
1 t. allspice
½ t. salt

Add last:
2 eggs, well beaten

Bake at 350 in a greased 9 x 13″ pan until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

- Laura Ingalls Wilder

5 comments:

Mari said...

I saved this when you had it on your other blog, but I need to get to making it. Yum!

Amy at love made my home said...

Like Mari, I really must make this!! xx

Terri said...

oh I'm excited for this recipe. I will be trying this soon!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Looks delicious!

gillyflower said...

This sounds and looks great! Thanks for sharing Sandra.
Gill xx