Saturday, May 26, 2018

{ My Saturday }

May 26 and 27, 2018

May 26 and 27, 2018

Saturday was mowing day, here in our country home.  Mowing 3 acres, even with a riding mower, can take hours and it's hot and tiring to do.

My husband and I take turns, it's easier to get everything done with more than one person putting in the effort, and I must say I do quite enjoy using the big riding mower.

May 26 and 27, 2018

With living in a big property like ours (big to us at least, I'm sure 3 acres for some is just a tiny little blip), one of the perks is that when spring and summer roll around, the land burst into color with gorgeous flowers and trees.

It is during these months that I take full advantage of all the beautiful flowers available, and I fill vases or mason jars with the cuttings to bring a bit of color indoors.

I've also been reading up on how to propagate cuttings so that I can try and regrow some of my favorite flowers and trees outside.  If you have advice and tips on doing that, please let me know in the comments.

May 26 and 27, 2018

I pulled out my cotton yarns to see what I have, because I really want to make some crochet placemats.  The picture below is just a pattern that I was testing out.

May 26 and 27, 2018

Wish I could spend more time out on my back patio, but the Wasps are out in full force and making it unbearable to be out there.  We need to get some wasp spray to get all the nests they've been building around the patio overhang and the walls etc.  It's the one thing about this time of year that frustrates me to no end......wasps, flies AND the darn mosquitoes that are out in huge numbers too.

May 26 and 27, 2018

I looked through all my yarn to see what kind of cotton I had because I've been wanting to make some crochet placemats, and maybe even see about selling some.  The picture below is of a simple pattern I was trying out, but I'm not thrilled about the colors of this yarn.

May 26 and 27, 2018

This weekend has been so relaxing, between the usual daily tasks, I've been able to take moments to have a little fun and do things I enjoy too.


May 26 and 27, 2018


May 26 and 27, 2018

Last night, hubby and I decided last minute, to make fajitas for dinner.  We ran to the store, bought the fajita mix, and some beer and came back home, then quickly invited my brother, sister in law and nephew to come join us.  It was not planned at all and I have to tell you that I am the kind of person who loves being spontaneous and just up and deciding to do something and going.

I only really like planning for something big in advance, if it's a road trip, or a special occasion coming up in the future etc.  But, on a day to day basis, I love just being like "let's go" and jumping in the car and leaving.

We had a wonderful couple of hours with the family, ate good food, enjoyed some cold beers, ate ice cream for dessert and played Jenga and so on.  Truly feel that those are the best moments, the last minute get togethers :)

I did try to stay up and watch some TV, but by the time I climbed into bed with my Marley, we both  asleep within a few minutes. 

Best kind of Saturdays!!!

No comments: