Friday, May 25, 2018

{ My Friday }

It is late, 9:27PM to be precise.

It's been a long day, a long busy, tiring, but fulfilling day.  My husband had the day off for Memorial Day Weekend, and I always love having him home with me.  He doesn't get days off, and hasn't taken any leave for the past year, so moments like these are always appreciated and very much welcomed here in our home.

May 25, 2018

I had my coffee this morning, got dressed for the day and threw in a load of laundry, and then remembered that I am supposed to be trying to blog as often as I can.

Quickly grabbed my camera, set it on the tripod and let it snap a few pics as I got busy with the day's work.

It's funny but I used to be so good at daily blogging, that I didn't take a step or do anything without whipping out the camera and remembering to document that moment, to later share on the blog.  I guess I'm out of practice because I completely forget at times, so I'm thinking it will take a few days to get myself back into the habit.  We will get there, I'm pretty sure.

May 25, 2018

You know what I find funny about housework?

The fact that I can never just stick to one single task and move on, I tend to start one thing and see something else that needs doing, and before I know it or can even blink, I've now added 5 more chores to my already long list.

For example, I vacuumed all the floors and then decided that I needed to clean out and organize my dresser, so did that too.  My goodness!!!

May 25, 2018

Once all the floors were done and the dresser organized, I pulled down the curtains to wash, and then lit one of my favorite Lavender candles.  I bought it at our local Atwoods, last year some time, and I'm hoping that they still sell them because this one is almost out.  I'll have to take a look next time I'm in the area.

May 25, 2018

My wood paneling was needing some TLC, so I pulled out my Old English oil and gave every single wall in the den area, a really good cleaning.  It was hard work mainly because it hurts my shoulder, but it needed to be done and the end result is well worth it.  Beautiful, shiny, clean walls :)

May 25, 2018

As the weather has gotten hot, I've stopped using my dryer as much, and unless it's raining outside, it really doesn't get turned on.  I get immense pleasure out of hanging clothes out to dry, I honestly don't know what it is about it that I like so much, but the act of hanging them out, watching them blow in the breeze and then pulling them off, makes me happy.

May 25, 2018

While I worked inside, Curt started the mowing of the huge yards.  I usually help him, and tomorrow I still have the front left of the house to do.....not because he told me to, but because I enjoy mowing and I do like pitching in too especially when we have 3 acres to mow.

May 25, 2018

The mower needed a new belt, and I also needed a few things for the house, so we both headed to Walmart.  I picked up milk, creamer, toilet paper, some sodas and chips for the weekend and Curt grabbed the belt.


May 25, 2018

As we were leaving, he said that he was starving and wanted to take me to lunch, to a place I hadn't been yet.

We don't get to go out to eat together very often, we usually have the kids with us or if we get something to eat, we bring some back for the kids too.

This time, he took me to The Gypsy Kit Cafe.

They do tacos and sandwiches but with very different ingredients, not at all the kind of tacos I would have thought to make at home, but oh my word, they are delicious.

They are famous for their Dr Pepper Pulled Pork Tacos with Kimchi Sauce.  Yes, Kimchi Sauce, and they also do AMAZING Kimchi and Bacon loaded fries.  I can't even tell you how good those were.

Anyway, really enjoyed my time with my husband, it was a nice change from my usual day to day.

May 25, 2018

Came back home and got right back into my chores.  Laundry all finished, gathered from the clothesline, folded and ready to be ironed tomorrow.

I went ahead and changed our bed linens, gave the room a good tidy up and clean and opened all the windows.

May 25, 2018

Once all my chores were done, I sat down with a cup of coffee and my current read "The Weaver's Daughter by Sarah Ladd".

I also needed to color my hair, I swear it doesn't last but 3 weeks lately and the greys start coming out in force again.  I could be irritated about it, but I count my blessings that I even have hair to be fussing over, and that I'm old enough to sport greys, because it means that the Lord has blessed me and allowed me to live this long :)

May 25, 2018

As the day has come to an end, I find myself with a very achy lower back.  I've noticed that over the past 2 or 3 years, my achy back seems to be a constant in my life, especially if I've been on my feet all day, which means that most days, after my busy day of pottering around the house, I will for sure be laying in bed all achy.

So here I am, just finishing this post up, and getting ready to dry my hair real quick, then hop under those warm covers, do some more reading and pop on something on the TV.

I hope you've had a blessed Friday. I'm off to bed, good night friends.
xoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Pamela said...

How do you add the text to your photos? Do you use something like Photoshop? Have a wonderful weekend!

Ramblings of a Retired Lady said...

Visiting with you for the first time, and am worn out, reading all you did in one day....lol I could manage to only do 1 of them. It does feel good to get so much accomplished however. Enjoyed reading and hope to visit again soon. Linda

Sandra said...

I use Photoshop to add text :) Hope you're having a wonderful weekend too, Pamela :)

Susanne said...

Hahaha you sound like me when I clean. I get so distracted. I have definitely fallen out of the picture taking, daily blog posting. Not sure why.