Monday, May 28, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/28/2018 }



Happy Memorial Day!!!

I want to start by taking a moment to honor the brave men and women, who died fighting for this country.  It's important to remember exactly what this day is about, to honor, to pray, and to think about those who have gone on before us, and their families.

It's Monday morning, another week is upon us, and I must say that I've quite enjoyed my long weekend with my family, only wish it wasn't already the last day before hubby returns to work and life gets back into normal schedule....albeit, summer schedule, but still.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, whatever it is you choose to do on this Memorial Day, I wish you blessings and joy and that you have the best day ever with your family. :)
 

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather.....Insanely hot already. We've seen one day in the triple digits and the rest of the week, we are headed to the triple digits too.  It's going to be a scorcher. 


Right now I am....Sitting on the couch, with Marley next to me begging for my breakfast.  I'm having some hot cross buns that I froze from Easter, and just toast up when I feel like one.

Thinking....Not really thinking about much today, if I'm honest.  Usually my mind is buzzing with thoughts of this or that, so it feels good to have a day where I'm just sitting, not thinking, not going a thousand miles a minute.         

On my reading pile.... The Weaver's Daughter, which I'm quite enjoying, it's just the kind of book I like.  I actually need to see what review is next up so that I can get started on the next, since I'm almost done with this one.  I must say that I used to get a bit overwhelmed when I had so many books unread on my shelf, but I've since grown to really and I mean REALLY love having tons of unread books just waiting.  It's nice knowing that when I'm done with one, I can just grab the next and get reading.     

On my TV.....I started The Handmaid's Tale yesterday, and I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with it.  A lot of people have raved about it, my sister in law including, but I just don't know if it's the kind of show I would enjoy, it's pretty strange and out there for me.  I'm going to watch another 1 or 2 episodes and then decide if I want to continue.  It's like Game of Thrones, everyone raves about it and I can't get past the second season, I'm finding very boring.  I'm a strange person I guess LOL
I do want to watch some movies today, so I may do that.   

On the menu for this week....
Monday - Bratwurst, Potato Salad
Tuesday - Spaghetti Bolognese, Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Tacos, Cilantro Lime Rice
Thursday - Bangers and Mash with Gravy, Salad
Friday - Pastelao de Galinha (Chicken Pie)
Saturday - Pot Roast, Roast potatoes and Carrots
Sunday - Pot Roast, Potatoes and Carrots

On my to do list....
Nothing, absolutely nothing today.  Laundry is all done, house is clean.  I did it all over this long weekend so that today I could have the day to myself to do with, whatever I pleased. 

In the craft basket....NI am working on some crochet placemats.  I was gifted a ton of yarn last year and I remembered that a lot of it was quite stiff cotton, which I think will be perfect for the placemats, so I'm working on that right now.    

Looking forward to this week....More gardening, some sewing and crocheting and warm weather, making it really feel like summer.   

Looking around the house....It's so quiet, the whole family is still asleep, the only ones up are myself, Marley and Bella.  The house is clean and tidy.  Makes me smile just looking around.    

From the camera....
Freshly washed lace curtains, waiting to be hung back up. 


Inspirational quotes, Bible verse, Devotional....



3 comments:

Jean said...

Like what you wrote about Memorial Day, beautifully stated. I thought I was the only one who couldn't get into Game of Thrones. Made it through maybe 1 or 2 episodes of the second season (my husband is still watching it). Have you read The Handmaid's Tale? Might help you decide if you'll stick with the show. Personally, I've not seen it and think the book was probably enough for me. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

Rebecca Knox said...

Wow! You guys really are in the heat already! Am hoping that the whole summer isn't going to be like this. Love the picture of the lace curtains. It's on my summer bucket list to get pull shads and lace curtains up in the livingroom this year. We'll see if it happens or not! :) Have a great Memorial Day and a wonderful week ahead! <3

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Whew! Texas IS really hot! My in-laws live in Marble Falls and they said it is SCORCHING out there! Stay cool, my friend!