Monday, May 07, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/07/2018 }

Good morning from beautiful, warm Texas.

Come on in and sit with me a little, let's get our Happy Homemaker Monday post going shall we?

I apologize for the confusion with last week's Link up.  I could not get the usual link list to load for me and had to use another, which ended up just being confusing.  I don't like that it doesn't show the links or who has already linked up etc., so apologies for that, but today we are back to our normal list and you shouldn't have any issues linking up :)

Right, enough babbling, let's get this going.


Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather.....It is gorgeous around here.  We had quite a bit of rain last week and even some scary storms and tornado watches, but the temps have been wonderful.  This whole week we'll be in the upper 90's.  Can't wait :)   

Right now I am....Enjoying my second cup of coffee, and I just shared a bagel with Marley.  

Thinking....About what I need to do today and this coming week, also trying to figure out what posts I'll be making on the blog.   

On my reading pile....I haven't forgotten about sharing the upcoming books with you in my Summer Reading List, that is probably going up later today or tomorrow morning.  I'm currently reading  Where Hope Begins by Catherine West. 

On my TV.....As usual, my Portuguese soaps.  Also Call the Midwife, When Calls the Heart, Murder Calls, and I've been wanting to rewatch old favorites like Road to Avonlea, Anne of Green Gables and Little House on the Prairie.

Something Interesting I watched.....This past weekend Curt and I watched the new Jumanji, and I LOVED it, it was so funny.  I also watched Last Week with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock and that was pretty funny too. 

What I found while surfing the net....MI love watching vlogs on Youtube and have been pretty lucky to find some very interesting ones.  If you're wondering what type of vlogs I enjoy, mainly daily vlogs from the UK, but also Homesteading, Farm, Mennonite and I recently found a really sweet Christian couple that I am just loving watching.  Their Christian channel is called Philia Ministries.  Just been very blessed with the messages they put out.  

On the menu for this week....
Monday - Smothered Swiss Steak and Garlic Lemon Spaghetti
Tuesday - Chicken and Dumplings
Wednesday - Italian 3 Cheese Stuffed Shells, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Teriyaki Steak, Rice
Friday - Homemade Cheesy Garlic Pizza
Saturday -  Chicken Chimmies with Spanish Rice
Sunday - Leftovers

On my to do list....Clean kitchen, empty dishwasher and refill
Finish painting bookshelf
Vacuum and carpet clean living room
Change out bed linens
Clean out back patio and set out table and chairs

In the craft basket....Still finishing up Part 2 of the Cosmic CAL.  I haven't crocheted at all since Friday, so hoping to do that sometime today or this week.
Still have my sewing machine out and waiting for me to do the placemats.  

Looking forward to this week....Getting a lot of projects completed around here.  I love this time of year because I always get a burst of energy to clean and redo things and organize etc.  

Looking around the house....It needs some TLC after this weekend.  It's not dirty or trashed like it used to be when the kids were little, but it definitely needs some picking up and tidying.   

From the camera....
One thing my family and I love doing, is going out for a drive around our area and discovering new fun things to do.  Yesterday, hubby, myself and Jasmine went for a drive.  We stopped over at hole in the wall Mexican place for lunch and had these HUGE amazing burritos for only $6.  I actually tried a Nopales (cactus) burrito and really enjoyed it.  We then came across a walking trail with a river and a couple of bridges.  We walked for close to an hour, enjoyed nature and the quietness, the sound of the water wooshing by and just talking.  It was amazing and we are planning on going back soon. 



Bible verse, Devotional....For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

9 comments:

Jodi said...

It's been pretty nice here as well!! Love the photo you have posted!! Have a great week!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

We enjoyed the new "modern" Jumanji" too. I thought they did a good job bringing it forward. I could watch Anne of Green Gables every week. I thought Megan Follows did a fantastic job of portraying Anne.

Your menu sounds delicious. Have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

I've heard the new Jumanji was really good. Need to add it to our summer movie list. Spring weather gives me that same burst of energy, I love it! Of course, my to-do list always ends up longer than the time I allot for it. Hope you have a wonderful week enjoying that fabulous weather!

Pamela said...

Exploring your local area is always fun, and you stumbled on a beautiful spot. The new Jumanji was great, we loved it.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Loved seeing pics of your adventures on insta! Looked like it was a wonderful day. ;) I can't even imagine what a cactus burrito would be like?? You're a daring Chick! Lol

I saw Jumanji in the the theaters with Annie a while ago and we both loved it too! Enjoy your beautiful weather and have a wonderful week ahead my Dear. xoxo

Luludou said...

That river looks so nice! never heard of cactus burritos, will look that up.

Have a great week

Rebecca Knox said...

Love this week's pic! I enjoy getting out into nature and exploring, too. Have a blessed week ahead! <3

Unknown said...

I'm re-watching Little House On The Prairie right now! Have a great week :)

Stacy said...

Love your photos and your delicious meal plans! I thought Jumanji was cute too, especially the fact that her special talent was dance fight, hahaha! Loved it. :) Have a fantastic week sweet lady!