Monday, August 06, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 08/06/2018 }

Good morning friends, welcome back to my blog and another installment of our Happy Homemaker Monday!!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, mine was quite and uneventful, but that's perfectly ok by me, I rather prefer that to too busy or crazy.

I went to bed with a headache last night and woke up with a lingering of a headache still.  I am definitely PMSing so I'm sure it is due to that.

Anyway, let's get right into our HHM.

Happy Homemaker Monday

If you want to save and use the new button, just click here.


The weather:::
It's finally cooling down a bit here in Texas.  I know many of you will see these temps and still find it quite hot, but for us, it is a nice change from the 110 we've been seeing lately.  And it looks like we are going to be having some thunderstorms this week too, which as you know, makes ME very happy. 



On my reading pile::: 
Hotel on Shadow Lake by Daniela Tully.  It's so good, I'm loving the story which starts off in Germany during the 1930's.  Very interesting time period in History.

 



On my TV:::
Frontier - Season 1
Banished
Orange is the New Black - the new season
Couple vlogs
Portuguese soap "A Herdeira"


On the menu for this week:::
Working on the new menu this week, but here is what we have going on until Friday.  


Monday -  Pork Tenderloin, Roast Potatoes, Salad 
Tuesday - Shepherd's Pie
Wednesday - Teriyaki Steak with Rice
Thursday - Garlic Herb Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes and Fried Cabbage with bacon
Friday - My Birthday *out to dinner*
Saturday -
Sunday -


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - empty and refill dishwasher
New menu plan
Blog post
Clean and tidy living rooms


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still working on my Cosmic CAL, I'm on the last row of Part 3 but running out of yarn, so will have to pick more up this weekend to continue. 


In Homeschooling:::
We are starting school on the 13th, so I've been gathering materials and getting everything set up.  Nick will be in 10th Grade this year, I can't even believe that.
Here are his courses for this coming year:

English A & B
Psychology A & B
Geometry A & B
World History A & B
Biology A & B
Sign Language II - A & B


Looking around the house:::
I'm currently in my bedroom.  Since setting up the little desk with the computer here, I've found myself enjoying this spot, more than any other in the house.  I currently have my windows open and can hear the birds chirping outside.  There truly is nothing like living in the country and waking up to this beauty every, single, day.




From the camera:::

_MG_2495


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Some homemaking inspiration for you all, this morning :)



7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Good Morning! Glad you had a quiet weekend and the temperatures are returning to the double digits. We're still triple digits here, but at least they are lower than they have been and the humidity is finally returning to its natural level. Sounds like it's going to be a fun school year for you both :)

Love your inspiration. Have a WONDERFUL week.

Jodi said...

100...yikes! I see a few new shows I am going to have to look into! Happy Monday!!

Luludou said...

Happy birthday to you. glad it isn't as hot for you. still hot & muggy here

Rebecca Knox said...

Happy Birthday, Sandra! Hope you have a beautiful week with lots of sweet surprises! Still hot here, but, hopefully, relief is on the way. We need rain desperately. Until next week, blessings, my friend! <3

Jean said...

Happy Early Birthday! Really love your quote this week. Hope your week is absolutely wonderful!

Sherry Jolly said...

Happy early birthday! I'm hating the humid 90s myself. We had a tornado touch down just 1/4 mile from my church last week! Thank God, no one was hurt. Have a blessed week!

Pamela said...

That's a beautiful inspirational piece.