Tuesday, August 14, 2018

{ Not just about the book reviews }

_MG_2546

I know it may look like this blog has turned into a constant influx of book reviews and the weekly Happy Homemaker Monday feature post.....but I promise, it's really not just that. 

I've just been so darn busy, and things are only going to slow down after the 1st of September.  So I still have about 3 weeks of constant busy chaos.  But I was sitting down to put up the latest book reviews for Tiffany Blues and Hotel on Shadow Lake, and after hitting publish and going back to the actual blog to see if they looked okay, I realized that my poor blog looks quite pathetic.

I have never enjoyed blogs that have a ton of advertising, or business posts or just book reviews and so on.  I promised myself when I started this little place up, all those many years ago, that I would NOT ever do that but as the years have gone by, things have changed, and my kids have grown, my blogging has suffered.

I think I need to make sure I add in some daily life posts, or just some chit chats or anything really, that is more me.  I would hate to go do my 2018 Blog Book and get nothing interesting in there.

_MG_2539

_MG_2548

We've had the most glorious rain the past few days, and I've soaked up every minute of it, turning on lamps, lighting candles and actually thinking about Fall.  I'm kind of, maybe, wishing Fall to arrive a bit sooner, what can I say, I do love that time of year.

_MG_2562

I've been catching up on homemaking and also getting back into the school routine groove, which is always so hard to do when summer is over.

We will get there!

_MG_2580

I've also been spending a little time in the kitchen, mainly food prepping for the week.  I think I might need to do a separate post on that and maybe show you what I do, if anyone is interested.

One thing I do every time I grocery shop, is the fresh chopped garlic for cooking.  I'll be posting that on the food blog tomorrow, along with tonight's dinner which was a simple but yet super yummy Lemon Chicken.

_MG_2583

Doesn't that look good?  The family loved it.

I'm reading a ton of books as you can probably tell by my book reviews, I'm also watching quite a bit of stuff on TV. 

The latest series I binge watched, was I am a Killer on Netflix.  Check that out if you're into those kind of documentary type series.  It follows the stories of inmates currently on death row, and gives them a voice, letting them tell their side of the story, while also talking to the victim's families, police officers and so on.  It's truly fascinating and I wish there had been more episodes.

My crochet is currently on standby until I can make it to the store for more yarn.  I do have so many other crochet projects waiting to be finished, if only there were enough hours in the day right?

Here are the upcoming crochet items I'll be working on.

Ubuntu CAL
Victorian Lattice
Something Magic CAL
Demelza Blanket (Started but need to finish)

I'm hoping to get some of these made and finished and ready for Christmas gifts.  Just need to really crack on with my work.

Anyway, that's basically what I've been up to the past few days.  I have this week off and this weekend, I'll be having my stepmom over for two weeks, so it will be back to hosting again.

I'm so looking forward to it, but also looking forward to taking a much needed break in September.

I'm off now to get some paint on my nails, read a little more and then watch some TV with hubby before bedtime. 

Have a wonderful night :)

No comments: