Thursday, October 03, 2019

{ Blogtober 2019 - Day 3 - Favorite Youtube True Crime Channels }



October 3, 2019 - Favorite Youtube True Crime Channels


I have always enjoyed crime related movies, tv shows, articles and books.  My favorite thing is to pop on a crime podcast of some sort and go on with my homemaking chores.

I usually put my laptop in the kitchen and listen to something while I make dinner, it just helps the chores go by quicker.

When we had dish my TV would be on the Discovery ID Channel, all.day.long.  I watched tons of tv shows about crime and if it wasn't on the TV I would find it on Netflix or anywhere else online.

All this to say, I love true crime, but I had never thought about looking on Youtube, until about 6 months ago, and then....oh my goodness friends.....then I hit the motherload.  Since then I have followed a myriad of youtubers who are dedicated to bringing true crime stores to the forefront, sharing, and trying to get the word out in an attempt to not only keep these stories alive in the hopes of finding the missing, finding the perpetrators and giving these victims a voice.

Not all of the crime channels are good, some are very basic and just practically repeat the stories online, but others do a ton of research, interview family members, and go out of their way to not only be respectful to the victims and their families, but put out as much information as possible in the hopes that someone out there comes forward.

Since it's October and it's supposed to be all about spooky things and whatnot, I thought that True Crime would fit in quite well, and so today, I'm sharing with you some of my top favorite youtubers, in the Crime department.  Oh and I may throw in some horror ones as well.




True Crime Daily
Crime Watch Daily is presented by Chris Hansen who delivers short videos on shocking murders, disappearances, and other crimes—solved or unsolved.



Criminally Listed
Criminally Listed is a really good channel with videos about kidnappings, murders, serial killers and disappearances etc. 



Kendall Rae
Kendall Rae covers everything from conspiracy theories to ancient myths to unsolved murders. She is one of my favorite crime youtubers to watch.



Vintage Files
Vintage Files is a Canadian true crime YouTube channel.  They showcase cold cases and other unexplained occurrences.



 Unsolved Mysteries
Unsolved Mysteries is brilliant and one of my favorite things is that they have a section for crimes pertaining to different States.  The videos are not too long, maybe half an hour but really interesting to listen to and watch.



Lordan Arts
LordanARTS is one of the best true crime YouTube channels.



 Matthew Santoro
Matthew focuses on short videos on creepy or mysterious happenings.



Brooke Makenna
Brooke does a lot of true crime videos and I actually really enjoy listening to her voice.  What I mostly like about her is that she brings to light some not very well known crime stories, as opposed to focusing on the ones we are used to hearing about.



Caitlin Rose
Caitlin is a little mix of different topics, so you occasionally will see a clothing haul or something in, but she mainly does crime stories and since she is in the UK, a lot of her crime related videos are from cases in England, which I find super interesting.



Georgia Marie
Georgia is another fave of mine, she is also living in the UK and covers a ton of  cases that are not familiar to us here in the States.



Heavy Casefiles
Another channel covering a wide variety of true crime cases.



Kirsty Skye
I quite enjoy Kirsty's channel, she uploads once a week on different crime stories, a lot of them also from England, Scotland etc.


Mollie Westbrook
Mollie is also from the UK and covers crime stories as well as conspiracy theories.


Mysterious WV
Now here is a channel I really enjoy, they focus mainly on John and Jane Doe cases as well as missing persons, unsolved murders, crime, ghost stories, folklore and treasure.  These cases are all from West Virginia, so really interesting to listen to.



Samantha M
I just recently found Samantha's channel. She posts once a week about solved, unsolved and missing persons cases.


Scary Mysteries
Each week the Scary Mysteries channel posts a video focusing on either the most terrifying psychos, murderers, supernatural or unexplained mysteries known to man.  What I like about these videos is that they are usually a compilation of different cases, in one video.



Stephanie Harlowe
By far my favorite true crime youtuber.  Stephanie does a brilliant job of researching and compiling all her true crime videos.  I love long crime videos and she will sometimes put out hour long compilations.



That Chapter
Love Mike, he is an Irish lad and does videos on unsolved mysteries, crimes, and creepy tales.  Just love his style.


Danelle Halan
Another of my favorites, simply love the way she immerses herself into these crime stories and goes above and beyond, to bring forth the victims and all they went through.



Eleanor Neale
Eleanor is another youtuber that doesn't just put out crime videos, but she does a lot of them and they are super interesting to listen to.  She is also in the UK, so we get quite a selection of true crime that we have never heard about.


Joshua Miles
Joshua is another young true crime youtuber, all the way from the UK as well.  He covers a ton of solved cases as well as others that remains unsolved to this day.



I know that is a LOT to take in, but those are most of my true crime subscriptions on Youtube.  If you enjoy these type of videos and podcasts as much as I do, I know you will find some new favorites among that list.

What are some of your favorites?

4 comments:

Attempting To Be A Super Mom said...

I can't do true crime. As much as I'm intrigued by it, nothing is scarier than the real stuff. I just read American Predator about Israel Keyes and spent the entire week after (Shawn was out of town for work) double, triple, and quadruple checking that I'd turned on the alarm, that our ring door bell was on, that the doors were all locked, and that I wasn't being followed anywhere. That stuff freaks me out!

Stephanie said...

I, too, am a chicken and can't watch the true crime stories. My active imagination would take over and I'd be a bundle of nerves all the time! Could you possibly do a post about the homemaking vlogs you watch?

John kim said...

How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.

John kim said...

How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.